Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New egg family member today

Not much more to say, just super excited to have a second egg!! Thanks to this community!

Brandon - Ohio

Comments

• Nice additon.. 
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • DocObbins
    DocObbins Posts: 28
    Nice job. I’m hoping my Large has an offspring soon. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    The second BGE is a true game changer.  Nice score.  I will offer that you should make the first lump load virgin lump (aka never before been outside the bag) as after that all my SBE gets are leftovers from the LBGE.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Congratulations!  I have a large and a mini.  Each has its own place, and never regretted getting the second one.  
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    lousubcap said:
    The second BGE is a true game changer.  Nice score.  I will offer that you should make the first lump load virgin lump (aka never before been outside the bag) as after that all my SBE gets are leftovers from the LBGE.  FWIW-
    @lousubcap Just curious what you meant by leftovers from the Lbge? Why not always use fresh lump?
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Congratulations!  The MM is a great 2nd egg.  (Just don't mention anything to @The Cen-Tex Smoker)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • lousubcap
    I always restock the SBGE with remaining lump from the LBGE as close to 95+% of the SBGE cooks are hot and fast while the LBGE gets everything else as the L&S work-horse. 
    Should I decide to run L&S on the SBGE then I will use virgin lump but that is a rare occurrence.    FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bradleya123
    bradleya123 Posts: 464
    She pretty!!
    Retired Navy, LBGE
    Pinehurst, NC

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Very nice 
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • lousubcap
    Nailed that cook right out of the gate.  Congrats.  
    BGE skill set is easily transferred to any of the routine sizes.  Now, when you are in @DMW big wheels country that could be a whole different story.   B)
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Wow, that is a really good looking steak.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Congratulations on the new egg. I do the same as @lousubcap. When I clean my large, I take the smaller pieces from the large and use them in the MM. I think the smaller pieces fit better and burn better for the way I cook. If nothing else, it leaves bigger pieces in the large. Probably makes no difference- it’s just what I do. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Leopoldstoch
    Leopoldstoch Posts: 1,182
    @lousubcap
    @SciAggie

Do you guys have the woo or plate setter for your mini max?

Im trying to figure out if I’d use the mini max for anything else outside of hot and fast.

Brandon - Ohio

• lousubcap
    @Leopoldstoch - I have a SBGE not the MM.  I use a Ceramic Grill Store woo and stone setup along with a Hi-Que grate.  It is a true hacker.  
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @Leopoldstoch I have the woo for my MM
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • dcc
    dcc Posts: 90
     I use the woo all the time.  Raised direct with the woo makes perfect chicken.  I use it with a wok for fajitas.   Veggies in the wok on the MM, meat on the LGBE.  The kick ash basket is also greatly appreciated.  Gets up to temp much quicker than with the grate it came with.  Don't get the plate setter.  Great looking steak.
    Houston (Clear Lake) TX
    2 LBGE, 1 Mini-Max

• Flatfoot
    Flatfoot Posts: 96
    Congrats on the MM!  You’ll love it!  I bought the Woo, stone, drip pan combo from CGS and I highly recommend it!  Tom is good people!  In fact, I talked to him today and ordered some more goodies for my LBGE.  His products are truly game-changers!
    LBGE, MM, & Mini. Weber Smokey Joe for a knockabout. 
    "Honestly, Honey!  Just one more Egg, and one more gun, and I'll be done!"
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    edited July 2020
    Big fan of the woo in the mini max (actually every size). I strongly recommend the handles too. 

Mini max Facebook group is pretty active too if that’s your thing. I didn’t start the group but somehow became the admin of it: