Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are you cooking on Father's Day?

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I will be traveling so it depends on what will reheat. Also what’s on sale tomorrow evening. Not enough hours on Friday to do a pork butt but ribs sound good and were loved the previous time. Peach ribs?
    Ribs are my favorite mid length cook. Peach ribs do not suck! Great choice.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Only way to light Kingsford for traditionalists - lighter fluid 😀
    My Dad used Texaco, 89 Octane; does that not count?   ;)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• YukonRon
    SciAggie said:
    Pizza. Margherita pizza and BBQ pizza. We’ll have oven roasted shishito peppers, roasted oysters, and maybe patatas bravas for appetizers. An as yet undetermined combination of beer, wine, and cocktails will be enjoyed. 
    Never expected anything less. I have got to do roasted oyesters. I had them smoked down in NOLA, and made a fool of myself....appetizer, main course, and desert, then took out a dozen.

Eating great in the Lone Star State.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    DocObbins said:
    Ribs tomorrow for my son’s birthday, the last ones I did were his favorite.
    Sunday will be a bacon wrapped pork tenderloin with Maple Syrup, recently posted here by another. 
    Too much pork?.....nah
    I have found a kindred soul. I am a fellow cooking porkiphile. This year, I think I have done about 20 butts, a dozen tenderloins, 8 loins, and I have no idea on ribs and sausage.

Doing a lot of cooks for some folks needing help through some unpleasent times. Tbis has been the majority of requests. A lot was for us too.

Keep it going and post your cooks.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    I have some Duroc baby back ribs coming in from Creekstone.  Looking forward to it!
    Hero Status.....you will enjoy.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    lkapigian said:
    Taking my dad to his favorite Coffee Shop,that's what he likes, that's what we will do
    Pretty cool. I have a favorite breakfast place here in Louisville, I am hoping it will re-open after the protests and riots are over.

I hope to go there again. It is called Wild Eggs. If for whatever reason you get stuck in Louisville, let me know, I will take you there. May not be as cool as the coffee shop with your dad, but you will not leave disappointed or hungry, either.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Legume said:
    Zippylip said:
    the old man is a traditionalist, he requires burgers & Italian sausage on the kettle over Kingsford blue, potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, potato chips & ice cold Miller High Life, preferably in pony bottle form but long necks will be tolerated.  Been working since the 60's & there's no reason to change a lick of it =)

Those ponies are the best.
    There is no better beer to go with yard work on a hot day. 
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • YukonRon
    Acn said:
    I’ll be traveling, so likely not cooking anything, but will get either arroz con pollo or chicken tikka from our local takeout spots, depending on the mood of the family.
    Family rules. Take care and stay safe.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Zippylip said:
    the old man is a traditionalist, he requires burgers & Italian sausage on the kettle over Kingsford blue, potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, potato chips & ice cold Miller High Life, preferably in pony bottle form but long necks will be tolerated.  Been working since the 60's & there's no reason to change a lick of it =)

Tradition! I love it, keep it going.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Gonna have me some poke ribs off of my son in laws Egg. Cheers to all you fathers.
    And to you Grandfathers. Ribs, they are just not for breakfast anymore. If your son in law cooks like you...it will be a feast.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    I picked up a brisket, pork ribs and beef ribs at the butcher Tuesday so either ribs or brisket................ maybe I'll do all 3 - just have to see

I love a plan.....let us know what you decided and how it turned out.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Kent8621 said:
    i am thinking i want wings therefore probably wings.  i am the head chef and bottle washer at my house so it on me to cook for my fathers day.  it might be our first day without rain so its gonna be alot of yard work to i feel like.
    You set the rules, let the others drool. Wings are alwzys great, started prepping some tonight for the cook tomorrow.

Good luck!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Yep, the request is for ribs. I better go shopping now as they tend to sell out near the weekend. 
    I bought 6 bbs on a bogo here locally, they were going fast. Ribs rock.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Pulled beef bbq (chuckie) slaw and beans. 
    This meal will be hard to beat. Post it if you can.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Legume said:
    No idea.  Ribs for sure either Sat or Sunday.  Probably wings the other.
    Your "no ideas" are great ideas.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    SGH said:
    I am going  to forgo the cooking this time. On that same note, i am treating myself to a few dozen chargrilled oyster, fried shrimp and crab legs. I could possibly even be talked into drinking a little. We shall see  ;)
    Possibly drinking a little. I like that. I will use that and default to I drank a lot, sorry. Again.

That is the way to treat yourself for sure.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Foghorn said:
    Freezer diving.  Have so much good frozen meat that I need to cook.  Might make stuffed burgers with wagyu/angus ground beef - or homemade sausage - or there's a pork tenderloin...

And does anyone have a good suggestion for a "Pike's Peak Roast"?  Is that just "round steak"?  Cook it to 125-130 and slice?
    Killer killer killer. Your meals always turn out excellent, I expect no less.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Three racks of St Louis ribs acquired. I guess I am going to see if that rig with the oval stone can cook three at one time. I got some peach spread also I might try mixing some in with bbq sauce fir a finish glaze.
    Way to go....you are going to love it. Post your cook if you think about it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    MotownVol said:
    Cooking a butt, because that Is my is little girls favorite and she is coming in town to see her dad.
    Pretty cool tradition. 

Our daughter never would eat pork butt, until I started making it on the egg. I have to fight her for the peach butt char....how quickly life changes.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    YukonRon said:
    I have some Duroc baby back ribs coming in from Creekstone.  Looking forward to it!
    Hero Status.....you will enjoy.
    There shall be peach preserves!
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • YukonRon
    I have to figure it out still.  I suck at planning.  
    You might suck at planning but you sure as hell do not suck at cooking. I have never tasted anything you have made and not found it to be the best I have EVER tasted.

For the new folks on here.....check out this guy on all his media channels, you will enjoy it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Smash burgers ! And naturally cold beer.
    Molson?

That is a great combo!

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    Botch said:
    Molotov charcoal.....kinda digging it.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    YukonRon said:
    Three racks of St Louis ribs acquired. I guess I am going to see if that rig with the oval stone can cook three at one time. I got some peach spread also I might try mixing some in with bbq sauce fir a finish glaze.
    Way to go....you are going to love it. Post your cook if you think about it.
    Going to be powerfully busy. I have to cook them here , pack up everything including the dog and drive 100 miles. Sunday is not going to be a day of rest. So no promises. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Botch said:
    That explains a lot. The old leaded too when we were kids. My Dad wasn’t a grilled, in fact the only thing that he could safely make if Mom was sick was scrambled eggs and white rice. Sometimes he forgot to put salt in the rice too. He sure loves my que though. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    blind99 said:
    Legume said:
    Zippylip said:

Miller High Life is my 'murican lager swill of choice, but here I must respectfully disagree.  
    I accidentally picked up a six of  what I thought was a beer with Orange, but it turned out to be grapefruit, ugh!  Name started with "Sch-something-something", can't remember the name of it.  After a mowing session on an incredibly hot day, I cracked one open.  For mowing, it was perfect.  Wow!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Gulfcoastguy
    Botch said:
    blind99 said:
    Legume said:
    Zippylip said:

Miller High Life is my 'murican lager swill of choice, but here I must respectfully disagree.  
    I accidentally picked up a six of  what I thought was a beer with Orange, but it turned out to be grapefruit, ugh!  Name started with "Sch-something-something", can't remember the name of it.  After a mowing session on an incredibly hot day, I cracked one open.  For mowing, it was perfect.  Wow!  
    Sure it wasn’t Shiner Ruby Red? That brewery in Shiner Texas makes my favorite Shiner Bock . They also make Ruby Red with red grapefruit and as you said if you are hot it’s great. 
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,188
    Egg items
    - Charred peppers and onions
    - Marinated tri tips

Blackstone griddle items:
    - Par boiled fingerling potatoes
    - Charred peppers and onions after egg cook

And a nap.

• YukonRon
    Egg items
    - Charred peppers and onions
    - Marinated tri tips

Blackstone griddle items:
    - Par boiled fingerling potatoes
    - Charred peppers and onions after egg cook

And a nap.

Menu looks delicious, activity looks devine. Enjoy the day.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited June 2020
    Wife refuses to do anything. She wanted to stay indoors because of covid on mother's day. Thinks I should do the same. I will not, I'll go out by myself if I have to
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.