Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Use of fine oils...

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Guess I'm really talkative tonight, huh?
Anyway wifey came home today with a package of 4 small bottles of "Fine Oils" The box touts it "For baking, sauteing, deserts , marinades or sauces." They are:
Garlic oil
Basil
Lemon Pepper
Roasted Chili
Anybody ever heard of or use these oils?

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    RRP:[p]Yeah, those frau-frau specialty cooking oils can be rather expensive. I have flavored olive oil at different times with garlic, thyme, Greek oregano and a few other things. I crush, chop, mince (depending upon what it is) with a whole sprig or clove for looks and add to the olive oil in a used olive oil bottle with a pour cap. May not be right, but no one has complained yet . . .
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    RRP, 5x9 has it all wrong..that stuff is useless..my address is..: XXXXXXX...I pay postage!! :-)
    C~W[p]

• alternity
    alternity Posts: 49
    RRP,
    I have some Truffle Oil which I use on specialty stuff and is really nice ($$ too)[p]Mostly I use olive oil and Peanut oil.