Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Blackened Rockfish on the Blackstone

Picked up some super fresh California rockfish fillets from Costco.  5.99lb is a good deal for fresh ocean fish fillets in my book.  These fish smelled like the ocean.  

Seasoned with blackening spices and on the Blackstone with Kerrygold butter.  Cooked some bok choy with garlic for some greens.  
Boom!  Done. 

Washed it down with the Nectar of the Gods, ice cold Coors Light!

enjoy the pics! 

Comments

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I would crush this entire spread, Coors Lights included. 

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• the_crease
    the_crease Posts: 132
    Thanks @SaltySam

also disclaimer, maybe had a few too many Coors Lights cause it seems my reading comprehension has escaped me a bit tonight.  Fish was actually 5.49lb and fish apparently came all the way from Canada.  

one thing I am sure of though, Coors Light was cold! 
  • gmanrva
    gmanrva Posts: 424
    Looks like you nailed it. Hard to beat rockfish
    LGE Mechanicsville Va, XLGE Wake Va., LGE Duck NC.
    Formely Gman2 before password debacle 
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,061
    Excellent looking meal.  Thanks for sharing.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,546
    Looks fantastic 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    That's restaurant quality! I usually blacken my fish in a cast iron skillet on an outside gas burner.  I didn't think a griddle would get hot enough to blacken.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Yes indeed!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• the_crease
    the_crease Posts: 132
    Hub said:
    That's restaurant quality! I usually blacken my fish in a cast iron skillet on an outside gas burner.  I didn't think a griddle would get hot enough to blacken.
    Agree.  @Hub I can really blacken the crap outta fish on a screaming hot cast iron skillet.  Alas, I can also set off all the fire alarms in my house and seriously piss off the wife too!  Tried to talk her into letting me get more cooking implements (read: outdoor burners) but between the egg, kettle and blackstone she thinks I have enough.  Who does she think cooks all the damn good food around here anyways! So I envy you Hub.  I want an outdoor burner too.  Sigh. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352
    Really nice.  

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95