Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Puerco Adobo report, the BEST!

Options
ChefRD
ChefRD Posts: 438
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MVC-004S.JPG
<p />Big Murth
I tried your puerco adobo recipe on a pork loin last night and I have to say that without it a doubt, it was the "best" dang pork loin I have ever done! I was leery about that many jalapenos so I used only about 3/4 of your recommendation and it was just perfect. It could have been a little tho, and I wouldn't have minded at all. Next time I'll use all the suggested amount. ;) I love spicy foods and this made the pork loin something I will definitely do again. It had lots of flavor and not much heat at all.
I marinated for 24 hours and the meat was exceptionally juicy and tender, and thats after I cooked it to about 160* internal. (Wife will not touch pink pork).
This is a keeper!, so for all you eggheads that haven't tried it, I highly recommend it if you like spicy meats.
Later, ChefRD

Comments

• Mañana Mike
    Options
    ChefRD,
    Hola Amigo,[p]I live in Cabo San Lucas & just read your comment & picture on Adobo puerco. Can I get the recipe[p]Muchas Gracias

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Mañana Mike, The recipe is listed under new recipes under pork and is listed as Big Murths Puerco Adobo.
    Good Luck

• ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Mañana Mike,
    hello Mike, I see painter has already told you where to find the recipe but, forgive my ignorance, where exactly is Cabo San Lucas? :-). Anyway, try the recipe and I'm sure you will like it.
    later, ChefRD.[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Mañana Mike, here it is exactly like I copied from Big Murth:[p]Big Murth's "Puerco Adobo"
    Submitted by: Steve Murtha Stevmurtha@aol.com [p]Succulent and simple, this Southwestern variation on Pork Tenderloin will keep them coming back for more. The finished product is a lot milder than the marinade, so even Granny and the other tenderfoots will enjoy. Serve with Garlic-Rosemary mashed potatoes, and in some HD foil, chop up a vegetable medley w/mushrooms and garlic, drizzle over with balsamic vinegar and olive oil w/some oregano sprinkled on, and place on the Egg about 1/3 through the cook. [p]Ingredients:
    • 2 lb Pork Tenderloin(s)
    • 1 12oz. jar of jalapeno peppers, undrained
    • 4 Tbs Oregano
    • 4 Clove Garlic, chopped
    • 2 tsp Ground Cumin
    • 4 tsp Cider or red wine vinegar
    • 4 Tbs Olive Oil
    • 1 tsp Black Pepper
    • ½ tsp Salt [p]Preparation Directions:
    Combine all the ingredients, except the pork, in the blender or food processor.
    Place the pork tenderloins in a large plastic food storage bag, or glass dish and immerse in the marinade from the blender.
    Cover and marinate in refrigerator 4-24 hours. [p]Cooking Directions:
    Let the tenderloins sit out when you start your Egg, to get to room temperature.
    Fire up the Egg, and bring it up to 300-325. A light wood, like apple or cherry would be appropriate to the delicate nature of the pork, or no wood at all. Up to you.
    Stabilize temperature, and place pork on, direct.
    Turn after ten minutes, and spoon on some of the reserved marinade.
    Repeat after ten minutes on other side.
    Now's the time to throw on any veggies you'd like to cook, too.
    Keep an eye on your temps, and pull your tenderloin off when internal temp hits 145-150, lower if you like a little more pink in the middle.[p]Special Instructions:
    • If you like, heat up the reserved marinade on the stove, serve as a topping.[p]

• Big Murth
    Big Murth Posts: 350
    Options
    ChefRD,
    Yo Chef....Cabo San Lucas, is....for sure...one of my next ports of call as it sits on the very southerntip of Baja California...errr, Mexico... on Mexico's Southwestern peninsula...great golf courses, great water, great kickback action...I am told. This fella posting is truly down in God's country. But then again, he had to check his firearms at the border.