Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

@YukonRon has a broad influence on pork cooks

Options
Foghorn
Foghorn Posts: 9,835
Via text, I coached a colleague in Ohio through @YukonRon’s peach preserve pork shoulder brine and cook as he did it for some co-workers for Memorial Day.  I suspect they’ll never again know pulled pork like that. 

The broad influence of this forum never ceases to amaze me. We’re all always influential through our actions - whether we want to be or not. I’m just glad Ron and some of the other gurus around here take the time to lay pearls before swine like me. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Looks like you a great job of coaching!
    What was his smoker?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Count me as one of the swine loving the pearls of wisdom on here.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Moleman
    Moleman Posts: 372
    Options
    I made this as well yesterday. Regretfully no pictures. It was a hit. My one son just sent me a text about the leftovers. It was easy and will most likely be made again for Fathers Day. I thank you Ron.  
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,760
    Options
    Bucket List pork for me, thanks Dr sharing @YukonRon s recipe 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,835
    Options
    @loco_engr, he used a pellet cooker.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    I often ask myself.....now what would Ron do? Then I call him. A good man who know greatness when he sees it....
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Kind sentiments, and thank you.

However, it was this forum loaded with some of the best chefs that taught me, everything I know about cooking on the egg, and also made me realize the vast amount I still do not know.

For that I am forever thankful.

I just hope we all are some sort of pseudo ambassadors of the BGE cult, and as such, we keep playing it forward so these basic recipes can reach more people, and the cooks continually evolve from other's efforts.

I have yet to read or see a cook posted in this forum that that makes me think I am on par with anyone. In fact, at times, I find it a bit discouraging that my efforts seem so meager.

I will say the journey to deliver food to 5 people under our roof with tastes so diverse for a meal they can all enjoy, has lead me to try some very unusual approaches to cooking.

Y'all get to be  my victims when I find anything that works. It is one of the simplest of pleasures, making something someone enjoys.

Keeping at it. Hope you all will too.

Thank you again for the kind words.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited May 2020
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    Bucket List pork for me, thanks Dr sharing @YukonRon s recipe 
    I have told Ron....and I will hold him to it.....that my first experience with his glaze process will be in person, and in preparation with him. I look forward to the day.

.......and then have some of his beautiful wife's coffee and biscuits the next morning.  =)
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,340
    edited May 2020
    Options
    If Ron puts it out there you can bet it's a winner.
    It's about time to whip up a batch of marinade and do a peach butt
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• YukonRon
    Options
    Did a couple burritos for lunch. 

Made a mix of 1/4 pound of chopped smoked brisket, mixed it with 2-3 Tablespoons of Duke's, 6 tablespoons of shredded romano,asiago and parmesean, added 1 table spoon of chili powder, 1 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper, 1/2 diced tomato, and 3/4 tablespoon of fresh diced onion.

Mixed together in a small bowl used three heaping spoons of mix to flour tortilla.....

Dude.

"Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    can someone post the referenced recipe? I am doing pork butt next weekend 
    Boom
  • YukonRon
    Options