Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Other cooking forums?

Teefus
Teefus Posts: 1,204
Greetings fellow practitioners of meat, heat, and eat.....

The whole lock down has has me doing much more cooking, and branching out quite a bit. I've dabbled in Asian and Indian style recipes more, and prepared a few more complex versions of American faire. While the base recipes have been generally good, some needed punching up to make them exceptional.

The Egghead Forum has helped me up my game at the grille. I wonder if there's a similar forum for stove and oven cooking? I'd like to find a group where I can discuss recipe science with other members.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.
Michiana, South of the border.

Comments

• gdenby
    gdenby Posts: 6,239
    Probably not quite what you want, but lots of good cooks showing their meals, and often giving methods:

• paqman
    paqman Posts: 4,660
    Teefus said:
    Greetings fellow practitioners of meat, heat, and eat.....

The whole lock down has has me doing much more cooking, and branching out quite a bit. I've dabbled in Asian and Indian style recipes more, and prepared a few more complex versions of American faire. While the base recipes have been generally good, some needed punching up to make them exceptional.

The Egghead Forum has helped me up my game at the grille. I wonder if there's a similar forum for stove and oven cooking? I'd like to find a group where I can discuss recipe science with other members.

Suggestions welcome! Thanks in advance.
    You know the secret of this place?  I’ll tell you: politics!!!! 😂😂😂 It is funny because it is true!

I don't think I could afford another forum.
    #truth
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I'd hit YouTube and find channels you like. 

It won't help with the back and forth, and I don't know what stage of lockdown your area is in, but if public libraries are open, that is a great place to try out cookbooks.  Go and get 5-6 cookbooks covering the cuisine you want to deep dive on and read, compare the recipes within, etc.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    I love this:

https://www.nytimes.com/subscription/cooking.html

$40 bucks a year but we cook 4-6 recipies a month from it,
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    I turn to Saveur when I’m looking for new cook ideas. Used to enjoy the magazine, but I think caliqueen quietly cancelled the subscription. Something about too many cooking magazine subscriptions. The website has a lot of free content, but drives me nuts with all the pop-ups, animations, etc. 

Fine Cooking is another good one. 

But this forum is actually the best cooking resource I know of. Bread, BBQ, sous vide... you name it and there are experts here. Pick almost any type of cuisine from around the world, some seasoned cooks will help out with suggestions.

A very wide range of interests, cooking and otherwise, are represented here. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    Thanks to all for the suggestions. 
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    @caliking I went to Saveur’s website. They had a “Memorial Day grilling” article. It was mostly how cooking a steak over charcoal is superior to gas (their assessment). What amused me however was their explanation. They said that the rendered fat falling on the coals generated the smoke that flavored the meat....
    Well - I don’t know about you but I prefer clean smoke flavor over burned fat flavor lol. 

I guess if there is any point it’s just to recognize the quality of advice and the information one can get right here if we just pay attention. 

I’m nit picking though. Their website had some good information. I’ll probably visit again. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    @SciAggie - Cali turned me on to the stir fry recipes on Fine Cooking.  You should check em out.  

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • SciAggie
    @SciAggie - Cali turned me on to the stir fry recipes on Fine Cooking.  You should check em out.  
    Thanks! I will.  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @SciAggie I should have clarified that I look to Saveur for international/ethnic cooking, sides, and sometimes desserts.  I would have ignored the kind of article you mentioned, because I know where I can get more credible advice for that kind of stuff (i.e. here). 

They have some good collections of recipes from all over the world. I've found good Iranian, Turkish, Indonesian, Chinese, Thai, and Pakistani recipes there. Have almost always turned out  well. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SciAggie
    @caliking I found the site to have a lot of good stuff. I was just amused that the grilling article was the first one I read. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon