Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

O.T. Back Yard patio - Components installed almost finished. YEY!!

Options
jdMyers
jdMyers Posts: 1,336
edited May 2020 in Off Topic
Have to admit. I need to personally thank Everybody on this site for all the tips and help.   Offer up and craigslist, out of state searches, where any family lives has also saved me a fortune.   Got the grill and burner installed.  Gas lines ran with a manifold and dual shutoffs.  Got all sealer applied.  Still have to caulk and test.  Used marine grade vinyl as a cover for the stereo system and fridge to keep out as much debris as possible.  Before photo also.  Used motorcycle and boat equip for the audio so the whole thing can stay outside with subs.  Alexa input under center section for total voice control.  Inflatable screen on amazon was very cheap and worth it.   Im just happy Im done.  My back cant handle much more.  Thanks again for all the tips.

Columbus, Ohio

Comments

• FarmingPhD
    FarmingPhD Posts: 839
    Options
    That looks very nice and can imagine a lot of hard work.  Is the patio stamped concrete or pavers?
  • jdMyers
    Options
    stamped concrete.  with 15 sets of pillars of concrete beneath grill side  got the idea from the oil rigs at sea on discovery channel
    Columbus, Ohio
  • CeeGeeW
    CeeGeeW Posts: 113
    Options
    This looks fantastic!!  Many good nights ahead of you.  Wish I could see the pics up close.  Let us know if you post them somewhere else as well.  Great, great job!!  At least you have a paradise to rest your back for awhile!
    Los Angeles, CA
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,337
    Options
    Impressive results and skill-set right there.  Congrats on the entire project.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Great job!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Oh yea man! Nice. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Just one question... when can I visit??

That’s  a fantastic space. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I agree.....very nice!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• jdMyers
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Thanks everyone.  Definitely a learning experience and a long 3 years.  I have a question if anyone can answer.  The mini fridge is a galanz 2 door walmart special clearance after back to school was over a few yeara ago.  Just plugged it in for the 1st time.  Im assuming the heat exchangers are on the side.  That whole right wing is hollow.  The fridge is hit on the sides.  Not burn but def noticed.  I out a weighted vinyl cover over the front to keep rain keaves etc out.  Should i worry about heat?.  Ill post some closeups as well.  I learned i cant caulk worth a crap.  Should i remove the caulk under the granite around the fridge.  Hot air rises?
    Columbus, Ohio
  • jdMyers
    Options
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    That looks amazing!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    That's amazing looking, and I could see spending a lot of time out there. Just one question. Wouldn't that height of stair from the door require a handrail? I can just see my aged mother and her friends sidling down nervously...

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• jdMyers
    Options
    I researched it.  Because it goes down in all directions if you go down along the house on either side you can hold onto and lean on the house it self.  This is still being evauluated.
    Columbus, Ohio