Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another option for supporting local restaurants in the ATX

Options
dmchicago
dmchicago Posts: 4,516
https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/texas-eateries-can-now-sell-bulk-retail-products-directly-to-consumers-during-covid-19-pandemic/

AUSTIN (KXAN) — At the direction of Gov. Abbott, the Texas Department of State Health Services has issued guidelines for restaurants to sell bulk retail products from restaurant supply distributors directly to consumers.

One of the requirements restaurants have to follow is that and bulk products have to be in the original condition. That means the original packaging for the product when it arrives at the restaurant.

Under the rules laid out by Texas DSHS, eateries can sell packaged meats, fruits, vegetables and dry goods.

Restaurants selling these bulk products are offering them trough drive through, delivery, pick-up and curbside service.

“A vital part of our COVID-19 response is to ensure that there are readily available supplies of food and resources, whether that is at grocery stores or, in this case, restaurants,” said Governor Abbott.

“This guidance gives Texans another easily accessible option to buy the food they need to support their families. The State of Texas continues to work with distributors, retailers, and restaurants to ensure they have the support they need to continue providing for Texans.

“I thank Representative Tan Parker, the Texas Restaurant Association, and the Department of State Health Services for their collaboration to take this important step to help Texas families as our state responds to COVID-19.”

One restaurant taking advantage of these guidelines is Perry’s Steakouse and Grille located in downtown Austin.

Perry’s is offering various discounted cuts of steak straight from its butcher along with Perry’s Steak Butter and seasonong:

• Pack with four-14 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon: $124 (regularly $248 on Perry’s menu)
  • Pack with four-20 oz Prime Bone-In New York Strip Steaks: $116 (regularly $232 on Perry’s menu)
  • Pack with four-22 oz Prime Bone-In Cowboy Ribeyes: $114 (regularly $228 on Perry’s menu)
  • Pack with two-35oz Prime Long Bone Tomahawk Ribeyes: $99 (regularly $198 on Perry’s menu)

Anyone interested in ordering steaks from Perry’s should call (512) 474-6300 to reserve a pack for curbside pickup after 3 p.m.

Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
Dennis - Austin,TX

Comments

• johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    This is cool. 

Here in VA, they're now allowing restaurants to sell beer and wine to-go and for delivery.  A lot of places are trying to liquidate their alcohol inventory this way.  

Heck, another place is including a roll of TP for every $25 you spend. No joke.
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,429
    Options
    Many of my customers are selling their restaurant supplies in bulk out the door. They simply aren’t making enough money doing straight to go orders. 
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Fogo de Chao is doing something similar. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Do they include the sword?
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    Legume said:
    Foghorn said:
    Good question @Legume.  A sword with 3 uncooked picanhas skewered on it might be a top seller.  

It might be worth a drive downtown once in a while.  But we're going to support local mom and pop places where we have known the owners/families for years on a very regular basis.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,625
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    Legume said:
    Foghorn said:
    Good question @Legume.  A sword with 3 uncooked picanhas skewered on it might be a top seller.  

It might be worth a drive downtown once in a while.  But we're going to support local mom and pop places where we have known the owners/families for years on a very regular basis.
    Sword could be a game changer, but yes, when we do buy out now, it’s all small, very local places too.  A marg-to-go kit that was 16 oz of premixed marg (ice not added, because “kit”) and a couple of limes in a styrofoam soup container was a nice surprise.
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    Foghorn said:
      But we're going to support local mom and pop places where we have known the owners/families for years on a very regular basis.
    Mary and I are ordering more takeout than we ever do normally - just for that reason. We mostly cook at home, but our community needs these businesses.
    Also, we've discovered some takeout is a bargain. Take salads for an example - I can't get all the food at the store to make a decent salad but I can order one takeout. It's a win-win for that particular dish.
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    Getting some Prime Beef Tenderloin from one of the local Steakhouses.... nice to have a family connection.

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    We have a restaurant meat supply company in the Birmingham area named Evans Meats. They had started selling meat for curbside pickup. They claim it is to help the public out, however, it's really self-serving. They are attempting to sell off product before it spoils. Evans claims to be a high-end meat supplier, but everything I have ever had from them is decidedly low-end fare.
    Now if Buckhead Beef were to start curbside pickup, I would be in the pickup line immediately.