Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Quarantine Cook 1: Brined Pork Butt

Options
With some extra time on my hands, I've been able/planning to test run some new cooks.  I stop by the forum just about everyday in search of more cook inspiration/pictures, but lately it's been fewer it seems.  So here's my contribution. 

First up was an adaption of Hey Grill Hey's Cider Brined Pulled Pork.  Amid the grocery chaos of last week I was able to bring home a small bone-in pork butt, which was an ideal candidate for a test cook.  Unfortunately it did not yield the results I had hoped.  The pork was delicious, but in the end not worth the extra effort of brining.

Reference: https://heygrillhey.com/cider-brined-pulled-pork/
Lakeville, MN

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,656
    Options
    It looks awesome. I like your handle.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    extra effort or not, still looks yummy
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    A nice looking cook indeed. You may consider using some of the pork injections on the market if you are looking for a more tangible difference.
    I have occasionally used Kosmo's Q pork injection and have been able to tell a difference.
    I don't use it often, but when I do.....it's Kosmos's Q