Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Paint

Options
EGC71
EGC71 Posts: 29
Has anyone had the paint chip off on their BGE? 

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Sure. Warranty covered.

PS, it's not paint, it's a ceramic glaze.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    hopefully your local dealer has some touch up paint
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    I had a dream last night all my ceramic cracked. I am in the middle of the table build and have the egg all disassembled in the grass...
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    Options
    I contacted BGE and they sent a 2-ounce container of glaze. That was for a dime-sized chip. As large as your chip is, I'd try going for a warranty claim.
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.