Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good things you have seen as a result of the Corona Virus.....

Options
The company i work for is a global food management company. Yesterday we had a 90 year old individual reach out to us via social media, desperately needing food. We (company resources not me) were able to work through back channels and make it happen for him. Shirley you all have some great stories to tell.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
Run me out in the cold rain and snow

Comments

• SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I learned I like corned beef. Had never made it before until that was all I could find at the local supermarket. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    SonVolt we might even learn to like Spam.
  • piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    Not much has changed here as far people looking after one another, but we live in a neighborhood not a residential section. 
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Not a big fan of the Next Door app but it is being used in our area to help get supplies to people unable to provide for themselves. local volunteers procuring and delivering needed supplies.  This is a social and political tipping point for the world and is our chance to change the trajectory. WE can fix this. Be kind. Look for ways to help as illustrated in the above examples.   
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    The additional forum activity has been a nice distraction.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ARoehr11
    ARoehr11 Posts: 41
    Options
    everyone I have seen in the grocery stores and hardware stores has been exceptionally nice to each other.  I definitely would not have expected that with the mass hysteria sweeping the nation
    -1 XL BGE
    -1 Kamado Joe "Joe Jr"
    -1 Traeger Scout 
    -cast iron grate and pans
    -pizza stone
    -XL Adjustable Rig 2 Grid Combo from Ceramic Grill Store
    -A-MAZE-N smoker pellet tray
    -Teken Wireless 4 Probe Thermometer
  • PigBeanUs
    PigBeanUs Posts: 932
    Options

My drawing isn’t the best but please remember to keep washing your hands.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    I think just seeing the global "Brake Check" on society is overall a good thing...we all need to slow down , tomorrow is not a given and be grateful and respectful of others ......
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I think just seeing the global "Brake Check" on society is overall a good thing...we all need to slow down , tomorrow is not a given and be grateful and respectful of others ......
    A person was stabbed with a wine bottle at Sam’s around here...
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    No new cases in Wuhan 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I don't doubt that, there will still be the overly high strung ones ....but as a whole......
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • scdaf
    scdaf Posts: 176
    Options
    Kent8621 said:
    with all the colleges and high schools closed.  the neighbors older kids have been home.  one neighbor in particular is an athlete at UNC and she has played outside with the smaller kids almost every day this week for several hours not on her phone or anything.  i was amazed that someone her age has been hanging out with smaller kids all week and enjoying to give the parents a break.  she has even asked if the kids can come out for a bit and taking responsibility for watching them.  my kids are 4 and 6 and my wife has been very thankful for her to do that every day.  some of the other high school kids have been out there also and its been great to see the older generations that grew up playing in the neighborhood playing together, hanging out and playing with the younger generation also.  

I assume you realize getting all the neighborhood kids together to play is NOT a good thing???

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    We have food in the house. We are typically "a la minute" cooks. We decide on a meal then I go to the store(s). 

Hard to do now so we have some proteins in the freezer and enough can tomatoes to make a few batches of marinara. 

I also have a 9# butt waiting for the egg. Depending on rain, maybe tomorrow or Saturday.

Hell, I may even go low and slow vs. turbo for the first time!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lkapigian
    Options
    lkapigian said:
    I don't doubt that, there will still be the overly high strung ones ....but as a whole......
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

This is in fact a very accurate likeness of your mother. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Responding only feeds the trolls. Sometimes.....the worst comes out in people.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    I hope this country does unite, and everyone stays away or at least has the intelligence to filter out all the political propaganda delivered by all the national news channels.

Stay local, think local. Protect yourself and your loved ones. Be prepared to protect yourself from violent crime, in these times of an over burdened police force. Lock down all that you are able, help others in your area too, especially those that have nobody to help them.

We have begun a neighborhood watch, fortunately we have some skilled folks for that sort of thing. we think we will be fine.

Be careful, stay healthy. This will pass and we will get through it. 

If you have not installed Ring, or similar, please do so. the cost is nothing compared to all that you may lose.

Stay focused. Stay in touch.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    Options
    I think this will go down as a very memorable time similar to 9/11, great depression, etc. 

Honestly, I always thought disaster movies were so interesting. I almost wished for it so I could experience what it is like to only be interested in staying alive and not worry about the daily grind.

This virus threat has shown me that lots of the depressing, negative effects of disasters are real, but the action-packed adventure is not. I have been through road closings from floods, snow storms closing everything for days, power being out for 2 weeks, and thought "hey, this is kind of fun".

I believe this will make many appreciate how "normal" daily life, the daily grind, is something to really appreciate. I know covid-19 is not going to wipe out the mass population, but even still, seeing at how EVERYTHING comes to such a screeching halt......is scary for me.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    cheap gas
    canuckland
  • AnothaStolenGenrator
    Options
    PigBeanUs said:

Responding only feeds the trolls. Sometimes.....the worst comes out in people.

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    Options
    thetrim said:
    Not to pat myself on the back, but I've been collecting a lot of pull tabs for that sweet girl in NC.
    Nice man.