Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How much?

Options
I am considering selling my Egg and all accessories to get more of a traditional smoker (Stumps or Backwoods). What would be a fair price for everything? I’d sell it all as a package most likely:

Large Egg in Nest with handler that’s always stored covered in my garage.  
BGE Cover
PS Woo with extender (plate setter included)
Adjustable rig with extender (less than 5 months old)
FlameBoss 200 temp controller
Rib rack
2 different chicken “stands”, one ceramic
Drip pan
BGE grill brush
Cast iron grate 
Ash tool
Ash pan
Kick Ash Basket
Smokeware chimney cap
Looftlighter

I think that’s it, but could be a couple small things I missed. 

$1,100?

Thanks for any input!

Comments

• GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I sold a large with a fairly nice table for $650
    I also included a plate setter.
    The price will largely depend on your area. Take a look on Market Place and Craigslist to get a feel for the going prices.
  • Doglegdave
    Options
    No doubt a fair # when you add it all up, but might be a bit rich for a package.  Where are you located?
  • Deek1997
    Deek1997 Posts: 46
    Options
    No doubt a fair # when you add it all up, but might be a bit rich for a package.  Where are you located?
    Green Bay, WI
  • Doglegdave
    Options
    I’m in Texas, but good luck.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,297
    Options
    The price may sound good but the buyer won’t have the warranty. Best of luck anyway.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Deek1997 said:
    I am considering selling my Egg and all accessories to get more of a traditional smoker (Stumps or Backwoods). What would be a fair price for everything? I’d sell it all as a package most likely:

Large Egg in Nest with handler that’s always stored covered in my garage.  
    BGE Cover
    PS Woo with extender (plate setter included)
    Adjustable rig with extender (less than 5 months old)
    FlameBoss 200 temp controller
    Rib rack
    2 different chicken “stands”, one ceramic
    Drip pan
    BGE grill brush
    Cast iron grate 
    Ash tool
    Ash pan
    Kick Ash Basket
    Smokeware chimney cap
    Looftlighter

I think that’s it, but could be a couple small things I missed. 

$1,100?

Thanks for any input!
    I got $800 for a similar setup (sans loof lighter and pswoo so add $100 for that if you want) 

egg is worth $500-ish to anyone who knows what’s up so whatever you can get for accessories outside of that will be your number. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Deek1997 said:
    Green Bay, WI
    I bought my first egg in Appleton at bbq Pits and spits. I had a cavernous gasser from Sams and thought it was the sh!t until I tried to grill some steaks a 10 below. Couldn’t get it above 300 and it went down to 100 every time i opened  the lid! 

I knew right then and there I was going to need something different if I was going to cook outside all year in the frozen tundra.  And that’s when my egg journey began. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Deek1997
    Deek1997 Posts: 46
    Options
    Deek1997 said:
    Green Bay, WI
    I bought my first egg in Appleton at bbq Pits and spits. I had a cavernous gasser from Sams and thought it was the sh!t until I tried to grill some steaks a 10 below. Couldn’t get it above 300 and it went down to 100 every time i opened  the lid! 

I knew right then and there I was going to need something different if I was going to cook outside all year in the frozen tundra.  And that’s when my egg journey began. 
    Nice! The main reason I’m considering a Backwoods or Stump’s is because of the insulation and ability to keep temps in the cold. 

I listed it for $995, we’ll see what happens. Worse case scenario I add one of the two or just keep the Egg. 
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    You’ve got a heck of a nice BGE setup that can do pretty much anything. Keep it!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Options
    I’d buy it today but I’m in west TN. 
    Dyersburg, TN