Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever consider...

Options
Trading in their Egg for a Jambo or Stump’s Smoker? I think I’ve been watching too many episodes of BBQ Pitmasters 😆

Comments

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    No.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    Nah, you just add on...
    This.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,529
    Options
    depends on how much you want to cook and your finances.

Stumps will definitely give you more cooking SQ FT.

I love my Stumps, but I also love my egg.

Bill
    Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    The egg is a more versatile cooker. I really don't have the space on my patio to have single style optimized cookers for all the cooking I want to do.  
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    It's nice to have both..two totally different types of cookers but both very hands off

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • GregW
    GregW Posts: 2,677
    Options
    I did buy a Cookshack pellet smoker to supplement the egg. It's always nice to add something new to the cooking arsenal.
    I really like the Stumps also. 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    I'm looking at the Pecos Smoker from Academy if we ever see a return to some level of normalcy.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95