Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This ought to get some discussion going. Best college bar.

thetrim
thetrim Posts: 11,357

Round one.  Duke vs Army. 
=======================================
XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
Tampa Bay, FL
EIB 6 Oct 95

Comments

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    The Group Theropy in Columbia’s Five Points. Otherwise known as The Group. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Two Keys, that bar has been there for over 60 years. Hunter S. Thompson lifted several while attending UK.

Went there my freshman year for a couple before we went to the UK student center ball room to see a new band. Some rag newspaper's most recent edition, known as The Rolling Stone, called them the future of Rock and Roll.

Some nobody group out of Jersey; Bruce Springsteen and the E street band.

There were less than 200 people there. 

Soon afterwards that show, and a few others, they became a bit better known in the music circles.

Since that show, he has made an annual donation to God's Pantry in Lexington, Kentucky of $10,000.00. It feeds the homeless and others in shelters in the area.

His children compete in the Rolex 3 day equestrian event every year at the Kentucky Horse Park, in Lexington.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,024
    Wish we had a zoom in option.....
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    The Duchess, Seattle, UofW.  
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I just studied when I was in college.

Bigger size?  Maybe this helps w the current zoom less status if the forum.  
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    The Group Theropy in Columbia’s Five Points. Otherwise known as The Group. 
    Pavlov’s made them cut.  No group therapy outside of BB2020 for you. 
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    IU - I used to live near to Kilroy's on Kirkwood above New York bagel & deli... I could reach out and touch La Bamba's - burritos are big as your head.  There were better bars then, I'm not sure what they are like now. I went there on my 21st..  but I'd prefer the bluebird. 
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • thetrim
    Maybe this will work better than my first two lame attempts at promoting discussion on the forum...

Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • littlerascal56
    littlerascal56 Posts: 2,104
    I live in a college town.  6 square blocks of bars by the University.  We (Hays KS) have the highest alcohol consumption per capita in Kansas.  I believe it.  Lots of beer drinking Volga Germans. Octoberfest is a 2 day drunk here.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731

Not fair.  

If you,  or anyone , can *remember* what the best college bar was, then it wasn’t doing the job right.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • billt01
    billt01 Posts: 1,528
    I'm calling BS on this one..

No 

• 40 Watt
    • Georgia Theater
    • Dingus Magee's
    • O'Malley's
    • Wooden Nickle
    • Boomer's

Have:
     XLBGE / Stumps Baby XL / Couple of Stokers (Gen 1 and Gen 3) / Blackstone 36 / Maxey 3x5 water pan hog cooker
    Had:
    LBGE / Lang 60D / Cookshack SM150 / Stumps Stretch / Stumps Baby

Fat Willies BBQ
    Ola, Ga

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    but the bracket isn't even out yet.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    We should make one of these up with 64 popular eggcessories on the bracket.  Then we have 6 days of voting for each round, to determine the champion after market BGE item you can buy! :)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    https://worldpopulationreview.com/states/alcohol-consumption-by-state/

this should help focus where all the booze is consumed
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,607
    That’s overall, not college.  It also skews northern where it’s taken more seriously as a winter sport.

Probably too much “hold my beer and watch this...” in the south, throws the consumption off.
  • speed51133
    true, but overall state consumption should have some indication of how heavily the colleges in said state consume....
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736

my home state of nh always wins this, cheap state run liquor stores with the lowest excise tax and tax free
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,320
    I feel better already as I'm not as far out of line as I thought.  Say 5 (5% and 12 oz) beers/day.  60 oz * .05= 3 oz/day which works out to 8.5 gallons of alcohol/year.   Of course this does not include the brown water rocket fuel which is worth another 2-3 gallons.  So much for lowering the curve... =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,168
    Is the Cheetah considered a bar? Asking for a friend. 
  • fishlessman
    lousubcap said:
    I feel better already as I'm not as far out of line as I thought.  Say 5 (5% and 12 oz) beers/day.  60 oz * .05= 3 oz/day which works out to 8.5 gallons of alcohol/year.   Of course this does not include the brown water rocket fuel which is worth another 2-3 gallons.  So much for lowering the curve... =)

28 not including the beers, im in a lightweight state :o  liver doc couldnt find anything that was really wrong, maybe i need a better doc
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Drunkest states:

1. New Hampshire (4.76 gallons)
    2. District of Columbia (3.85 gallons)
    3. Delaware (3.72 gallons)
    4. Nevada (3.46 gallons)
    5. North Dakota (3.26 gallons)
    6. Montana (3.11 gallons)
    7. Vermont (3.08 gallons)
    8. Wisconsin (2.98 gallons)
    9. Alaska (2.94 gallons)
    10. Idaho (2.92 gallons)
    I would have thunk fish woulda elevated Maine into the list but I'm drunk....whaddah I know?
    I would have thunk fish woulda elevated Maine into the list but I'm drunk....whaddah I know?

the only way that maine stays so low is that they will pull a drivers license in a heart beat, dont drink in a car, a boat, a canoe, a kayak, a float tube. and they dont give it back too easily. they dont do drunk driving stops, they do night time safety stops to see if you even have a license
    fukahwee maine

• speed51133
    Wisconsin has the MOST lenient drunk driving laws. Your first offense is not even criminal. It is a misdemeanor. We have local news stories with people getting their 5th, 6th, 7th drunk driving offense. 
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    edited March 2020

We're Number 50!
    We're Number 50!

:lol:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,642
    lousubcap said:

28 not including the beers, im in a lightweight state :o  liver doc couldnt find anything that was really wrong, maybe i need a better doc
     My doc said no more that 2 a day 3 days a week. Is your doctor accepting new patients?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• fishlessman
    =)
     My doc said no more that 2 a day 3 days a week. Is your doctor accepting new patients?

my doc is a quack...he suggested zero per year =)
    fukahwee maine

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    Wisconsin has the MOST lenient drunk driving laws. Your first offense is not even criminal. It is a misdemeanor. We have local news stories with people getting their 5th, 6th, 7th drunk driving offense. 
    New Mexico was much worse, although it may have changed by now (I was stationed there '87-'92).  The Albuquerque Tribune started publishing the names of all that weeks' convictions, ordered by # of total convictions.  The worst ones were always in the 20's, with 28 DWI convictions for one guy the worst I saw.  
    The fines were such that it was much cheaper to keep paying fines than jacked-up insurance rates (if they could even GET insurance) but any attempt to strengthen the laws were immediately struck down by hispanic legislators, who often showed up on that list, as racist.  
    One thing I don't miss about "The Land of Enchantment"...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• speed51133
    edited March 2020
    Mark Allen Warner of River Falls, Wisconsin holds what is likely to remain an unbroken record for the greatest number of DUIs in the state. He racked up a total of 15 drunk driving convictions before the age of 40, mainly in the 1990s.

http://archive.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/34944224.html/