Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Cleaning

Options
ryantt
ryantt Posts: 2,532
Haven’t had the egg fired up much...it was a mess inside...time to get things cleaned up. 

One thing that is tremendously different from are Kamado Joe cookers is how fast this thing gets up to temps and or runs past them.  Wasn’t paying attention and came out to an inferno!!!     

XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

Comments

• SmokeyLopey
    SmokeyLopey Posts: 435
    Options
    Mine gets to, or past, temp more quickly when I go inside for a moment. Like a watched pot, it goes up very slowly when I'm outside egging it on--aka, waiting impatiently.
  • ryantt
    Options
    She’s really spewing out the old gunk 

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    So what do you use to clean all that gunk once it cools down?
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • ryantt
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    So what do you use to clean all that gunk once it cools down?
    I just used some warm soapy water, she’s clean and shinny like the day She came home.  

Kind of excited to have the XL all cleaned up and ready to be put back to work.   I had given up on using it...but am happy to be able to stark cooking on it again.  Norah Grace is able to lift the lid these days as am I...so kind of excited to post an egg cook on here again.  

• ryantt
    Options

@loco_engr these are better photos of the clean egg.