Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Valentine's Day Friday--what do guys most want??

Options

Comments

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations....does your wife have a sister??
    Every girl I've dated I'm the past 5 years knows I hate going out to eat on valentine's day, so I usually do a candlelit dinner at home. 

I did break up with a girl one time on valentine's...nothing do her but we go to this $100 a plate restaurant..at a time in my life I barely had enough money to buy toilet paper but ...managed to get reservations at the last minute for 530...she pitched a fit.said it was too early to eat.....threw a steak knife and a skillet....told her peace enjoy that place by herself and never looked back.
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited February 2020
    Options
    A note on the celebration of Valentine’s Day and more broadly, on love....

Personally, I am not a fan of doing anything particularly special on this day. Valentine’s Day has become a commercial holiday, whereby the demonstration of affection has the potential to be perceived as purely obligatory, cheapening any actions one might take to demonstrate love for one’s partner. 

At its core, love is more accurately a verb than it is an emotion. “Loving someone” is about taking action that demonstrates your feelings for them moreso than the emotions you feel themselves. 

My approach is simple - show affection (e.g., flowers, shopping excursions, romantic dinners, doing helpful things for the in-laws, etc.) frequently and throughout the year at unexpected times. Do so, and not only will your partner appreciate these acts far more greatly, but you will not need concern yourself with the fanfare associated with Valentines Day. 
    100% agree. I think the same of Xmas and birthdays. I know many people that expect like countless gifts on Xmas. To me, a small token is all that is needed. Just be nice all year. I tell my wife if she wants something, just buy it. I have no idea what she wants and do not want useless crap in the house that will not be used or appreciated. Just like I hate getting gifts that I do not really want. It is just more clutter to store. When I want something, I buy it. 
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,171
    Options
    For those of you not participating in Valentine’s Day @Botch will gladly take your wives out for wine tastings
    And foot rubs...
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    ^^^ pointer hovering over the Flag button....  :angry:

=) 

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    Options
    Hey @Botch, she likes the purple roses.
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Botch said:
    Talk to *any* chef and he will tell you it's the worst day in the year to go to a restaurant.  Service and quality will be sub-par.  Go the day before or the day after.
    The worst day in the year to go to a restaurant, for breakfast, is New Year's Day.  Crowds are just as bad, and most of the help calls in "sick".  

My last few "accompanied" Valentine's Daze including giving long foot-rubs.  I'm now remembering why I don't date anymore.  :minus_one:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,647
    Options
    @The Cen-Tex Smoker that is wrong dude!

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Simple. Spend quality time with your lady. That said, I will be tailgating for the first day of college baseball. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Simple. Spend quality time with your lady. That said, I will be tailgating for the first day of college baseball. 
    The bums under the bridge have been eagerly awaiting your arrival. #willthisyearbe#4
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,989
    Options
    Did she get you a generator, for Valentines Day as a gift, to do the tailgating?

Lucky man.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Cheeseburger216
    Options
    Less OT topics.  Save it for Facebook 
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    That should be fewer.  Review Word Crimes, Weird Al will help you with this.

Beyond that - we've had this discussion dozens of time...if there were no OT threads nobody would be here.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited February 2020
    Options
    YukonRon said:
    Did she get you a generator, for Valentines Day as a gift, to do the tailgating?

Lucky man.
    No....I purchased a rechargeable (and apparently controversial) Bose portable speaker. No generator required. My lady will join us....and will be well taken care of.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Somehow I am married to a gal whose request for dinner tomorrow night is for ... Korean street food.  There is a great place downtown we've been to once before and so we'll try it again.  They don't take reservations and there's not a special Valentine's Day menu, so it promises to be no different than any other Friday night there, which is just fine with us.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options

Dude you have one thread here and it is basically an OT thread that you just happened to post in the main forum:

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1219842/local-butcher#latest

There is a simple remedy for OT threads you don't like: don't click on them.  
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    You can basically get on board with the vibe around here or find somewhere for your forum needs. It makes zero difference to me either way but I can assure you the vibe is not going to change based upon your opinion. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    @Cheeseburger216 a man (or woman) has to stand for something. Getem
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    News Flash!   cheeseburger has been spotted in his parents' basement!

Image result for internet troll

Well, that cheeseburger didn’t go down well.
  • DoubleEgger
    Options
    Well, that cheeseburger didn’t go down well.
    More like that Eddie Murphy Welfare Burger 
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    We went out and got pizza last night with the children to celebrate. We haven’t gone out on Valentine’s Day to eat in a long time. Will probably have a couple drinks and lay on the couch tonight. 
  • PigBeanUs
    Options
    Lit said:
    We went out and got pizza last night with the children to celebrate. We haven’t gone out on Valentine’s Day to eat in a long time. Will probably have a couple drinks and lay on the couch tonight. 
    Netflix and chill type deal?
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Neighbor asked me what I got for my wife, "bottle of wine."  His response, "nice trade!"   B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Peace and f'ing quiet.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,471
    Options
    Thought a few of you would enjoy this one:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,356
    Options

Las Vegas, NV

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Neighbor asked me what I got for my wife, "bottle of wine."  His response, "nice trade!"   B)
    Three buck Chuck?