Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ooni Oven

Hi guys!!...does anyone have a Ooni Oven?.....if you do....do you like it?....is it better than pizza on the Egg?....thanks!!!

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited February 2020
    There are several Ooni folks on here and even more pizza oven owners- from true wood fired ovens, to blackstone, Ardore, Roccbox (me) and others. 

Depending on what kind of pies you like to cook, they can be better. Unless you are getting nerdy with dough I wouldn’t worry about getting a Specialized oven. A bge is a very good pizza oven but you can get different results from a true pizza oven. It all starts with the dough. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    I've done a zillion pizzas on the egg (most of the great, with a flop or two in there along the line) and while I will admit, all pizza ovens have intrigue for me, but not enough to devote real estate in my yard and associated $$$ that go with a pizza specific oven, so I have passed up to now.