Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Valentine's Day Friday--what do guys most want??

lousubcap
lousubcap Posts: 32,168
edited February 2020 in Off Topic
For it to go away.  Best you can do is break even-at least in my world.  Now fast forward to 3/14 and you will get a totally different perspective =)  
There are some Yuge Valentine's day surprises that have been rolling in on the forum.  Best of luck and there's still time.  Have a great evening B)
Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    “What do guys most want?”

A: Make a good dinner on the egg and forgo any gift exchanging. (I’ll leave the rest out after dinner)
  • Hans61
    Hans61 Posts: 3,901
    My wife and I have a saying that puts our unique twist on a worn-out phrase.

””Dirty wife, happy life.”

(edit: or alternatively, as she just reminded me, “kinky wife, happy life.”)
    I’m envious :-)
    “There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body.”
    Coach Finstock Teen Wolf
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    Is a glass of Islay Scotch and a cigar too much to ask?

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Relaxing weekend in Monterey Bay for us planning for BB2020
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    @Sea2Ski -  always remember, "No good deed goes unpunished!"  At least the guests will enjoy since you are doing all the work.  Dang...
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • We’ve dwindled celebrations/expectations to home cooked steaks and roses from Costco. I’m fine with that. 
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    @Sea2Ski
    Did I miss our invitation?
    I absolutely understand  the situation, as we have had a similar event.
    Bless you my friend.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Peace and quiet, a wonderful evening with My Beautiful Wife, thanking her for putting up with me.

There really should be more days for this. I am a very fortunate man.

Hope everyone enjoys the day.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I'm hoping to get taken out to dinner at Le Bernardin when we go to NY in a couple of months.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• lousubcap
    Just be quick on the trigger when the reservation window opens and then bring a few credit cards to cover the experience   B)
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    About 3 weeks ago I tried to get a reservation at ANY restaurant in San Antonio that costs at least $100/plate. None were available. So we’re going to Saltgrass Steakhouse. Saving me money. 

And no, eating anything at home on Valentines Day is not an option.  SWMBO sees dining at any place that has table service as preferable to any meal in any private home no matter the quality of the food. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Acn
    lousubcap said:
    Just be quick on the trigger when the reservation window opens and then bring a few credit cards to cover the experience   B)
    She's the big earner, so it'll be her cards.  I got the theater tickets and hotel room that are the presents for her and our daughter.  I'm definitely lucky that she would rather have a weekend or experience rather than more jewelry.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Acn
    Foghorn said:
    About 3 weeks ago I tried to get a reservation at ANY restaurant in San Antonio that costs at least $100/plate. None were available. So we’re going to Saltgrass Steakhouse. Saving me money. 

And no, eating anything at home on Valentines Day is not an option.  SWMBO sees dining at any place that has table service as preferable to any meal in any private home no matter the quality of the food. 
    My condolences, eating out on valentine's day is an absolute sh!tshow.  Too many people and WAY too many people who only eat out 3x/year and don't realize that servers and cooks aren't their personal domestic help.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    edited February 2020
    “A 96 and a 69” - @YukonRon
  • “A 96 and a 69” - @YukonRon

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Talk to *any* chef and he will tell you it's the worst day in the year to go to a restaurant.  Service and quality will be sub-par.  Go the day before or the day after.
    PigBeanUs said:
    “A 96 and a 69” - @YukonRon

UK grad here....can't count that high.

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:

My condolences, eating out on valentine's day is an absolute sh!tshow.  Too many people and WAY too many people who only eat out 3x/year and don't realize that servers and cooks aren't their personal domestic help.
    I don't believe that anybody goes out only 3x/year.  If so, then I'm a fan.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    Talk to *any* chef and he will tell you it's the worst day in the year to go to a restaurant.  Service and quality will be sub-par.  Go the day before or the day after.
    The worst day in the year to go to a restaurant, for breakfast, is New Year's Day.  Crowds are just as bad, and most of the help calls in "sick".  

My last few "accompanied" Valentine's Daze including giving long foot-rubs.  I'm now remembering why I don't date anymore.  :minus_one:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Acn said:
    Foghorn said:

In my books, eating out on Valentines Day is doing it right. No restaurant required. 

😎

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited February 2020
    Botch said:
    The worst day in the year to go to a restaurant, for breakfast, is New Year's Day.  Crowds are just as bad, and most of the help calls in "sick".  

My last few "accompanied" Valentine's Daze including giving long foot-rubs.  I'm now remembering why I don't date anymore.  :minus_one:

Image result for foot fuckin master gif
    @Botch - Give the first few minutes of Pulp Fiction a go as alluded to by @nolaegghead .  
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,429
    lousubcap said:
    @Botch - Give the first few minutes of Pulp Fiction a go as alluded to by @nolaegghead .  
    Nola's pic didn't show here, and I don't do movies, so mebbe I'll just watch some PBS or something...   =)

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• lousubcap
    @Botch - if you are still wondering...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCO-SBPTF5E