Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

23 hour butt cook

Options
BigT
BigT Posts: 385
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pulledpork.jpg
<p />I prepped two 7 lb butts with yellow mustard and Dizzy Dust Coarse (wanted to eat my hands they smelled so good, even after soap and water), then went to load the egg. Oops! Only enough BGE lump to get barely to the top of the firebox, with more dust than I like. [p]Oh well. Set up the Guru to hold 260 dome, one chunk of hickory ala Wardster's recipe, then on with the platesetter, drip pan and grid.[p]Butts on @ 1715, uneventful evening. [p]18 hours in, I'm starting to lose heat, so I give it a stir. Gonna be close, but I'm still in the plateau.[p]22 hours in, 185 meat, it starts to rain. Put on the rain hat, starting to lose heat again. Go to stir- not enough lump to cover the grate![p]I foiled both butts and finished in a 300F oven.[p]Worth the (very mild) angst. Great dinner Harris Teeter NC Vinegar sauce for me, Kraft for the kids) and the Foodsaver got a good workout.[p]BigT

Comments