Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mecca, Madina, Jerusalem, and Franklins BBQ

I’m heading to Austin in a couple months. Where else should I eat? Any recommendations on where to crash for the night?

Comments

• JonWesson
    JonWesson Posts: 161
    no one goes to franklin anymore it is to crowded
    large small and mini all in legal proceedings but i can use them for now no more, all gone                                                                                                                        usa somewhere on the road
  • JonWesson said:

Sounds like something Yogi Berra would say.
    XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    JonWesson said:

If no one goes there, why would it be crowded?
    edited January 2020
    JonWesson said:

If anyone ever struggled with the definition of oxymoron this is a perfect example. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    edited January 2020
    Definitely a page from Yogi... Give the search function here a look.  Plenty of threads on where to eat in Austin, where to get great brisket etc.
    Regarding places to stay:  I stay at Hotel Eleven (linked here)
    http://hotelelevenaustin.com/  Just two blocks up the street from Franklin's.  FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Last time I went to Austin, I had La BBQ, which was totally unbelievable (maybe the best meat I've ever tasted). Never been to Franklin's, but I'm dying to go.
    Southern California