Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- What are you eating today (Christmas Day ONLY edition)

Sea2Ski
Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
Lots and lots of food will be consumed today. Some we will whip up, and some will be made by others. Since everyone loves food here,  I thought it would be neat to see what people are eating and at what point today. Everyday or holiday special meals, snacks, hors d’oeuvres to desserts:  all are welcome.  Informal pics are all that is expected but if it is something special or unique, maybe a short description.

My first breakfast snack:
Armenian string cheese, Basterma on Lavosh (Armenian cracker bread)

--------------------------------------------------
Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
....just look for the smoke!
Large and MiniMax
--------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 

Comments

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,716
    Currently have a spiral ham on the Egg getting happy for lunch!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket and various Weber's
    Floyd Va

• I had a cheese Danish from the gas station and a Monster energy drink for breakfast

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Leftovers though the relatives nearly wiped out the pork loin and chocolate banana bread last night.
  • Spaightlabs
    Spaightlabs Posts: 2,349
    Prime tri tip, taters au gratin, Bourdain's mac and cheese, grilled asparagus, mushrooms sautéed in garlic infused evoo, brussels sprouts crisped up in the air fryer.

Merry Christmas to y'all.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,167
    Rib roast and pork belly burnt ends are our contribution to the family dinner at my son's house this PM.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Sorry no pics. Our Christmas tradition is pepper bacon and grits with a side of monkey bread.  It was good!
  • Whole beef tenderloin.. Baked party potatoes.. salad... and too many desserts to list....
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Whoever flagged my post, I was telling the truth. 

Lots of people have to work today! 

• Webass
    Webass Posts: 259
    We did Christmas last night with family, so today wife and I are headed to the movies to see Richard Jewell with large popcorn and coke.  After we'll eat at one of the restaurants open today.  I'm thinking either Mexican or a juicy burger.  

Lenoir City, TN -  Bama fan in Tenn Vol's backyard. 

LBGE, Weber Spirit 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I had a cheese Danish from the gas station and a Monster energy drink for breakfast
    Monsters are old. You need to get that Bang in your life. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• I had a cheese Danish from the gas station and a Monster energy drink for breakfast
    So I hear, lots of guys at work drink em, haven't tried one yet 

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Basterma and Eggs ....yum
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Whoever flagged my post, I was telling the truth. 

Lots of people have to work today!

I called some douche a douche. Now my posts get flagged. Probably the same douche. I'm accepting them like 'likes' now. 

I hope your day is quiet, and you and yours are well, sir. 
    Formerly @dharley prior to some password bs.

LBGE, 36" Blackstone, bad liver & a broken heart

Three Rivers, MI
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,428

Ham warmed on the Egg with maple smoke, "cajun-blackened" curried carrots, and chipotle yams.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Leftover Christmas Eve Pizza for breakfast, over the top chili is on the egg. Plus cornbread and Ynette's mushroom puffs.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Little under the weather with Sinus and Bronchitis. But warmed up a Cooks ham with an apricot glaze.

Just the 1 photo today.
    Merry Christmas to all you Eggheads!
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,338
    I had a cheese Danish from the gas station and a Monster energy drink for breakfast
    It's the official drink of LEO everywhere. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,008
    I usually take some time and figure out what to bring for a potluck style Christmas Eve dinner. Not this year. Too busy and didn't get around to even think about it until about 11am yesterday. My lack of caring shows with drumsticks. Not my best effort.

My cousins almost two year old daughter snuck up to my mom's plate and stole her half eaten chicken drumstick when she wasn't looking. Tucked it under her armpit when no one was looking (or how she thought) and ran across the room and started eating it. My sister and cousin were dying laughing as my other cousin (kid's dad) couldn't figure out how his daughters armpit of her shirt was stained from the food. I thought that was pretty funny. 

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    It's the official drink of LEO everywhere. 
    Sounds like I need to get on board then! 

• caliking said:
    Pops whipped up a big pot of goat curry 

I Have a feeling you won today. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,381
    Ribeyes, huge green salad, sweet potato crunch, roasted red potatoes, green bean hay stacks, homemade creme brûlée’s for desert. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    scrambled eggs and bacon at my brothers in the morning, some kind of vegan soup for dinner at my sisters later on. next year im packing a sandwich or two in my jacket pocket. got home late and put on a ribeye and some bacon wrapped scallops =)
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it