Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Roasted Butternut Squash Soup

Options
Smoked Signals
Smoked Signals Posts: 505
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was making TRex steaks the other night (very good) and decided to do something different with the left over heat. [p]I split a butternut squash and tossed on some salt/pepper/EVOO. I threw some wine barrel chips on the fire and put the squash on the grid direct @ 350 for 30 minutes. The bottom started to burn so I added aluminum foil after that and cooked it until it was fork tender (another 20 minutes).[p]After that I brought it inside and ran the inside thru a blender with 2 roasted red peppers, 2 cups of milk, and 1 tsp of chipolte powder. It was quite spicy and smokey. Made about 4 cups of thick soup.[p]Yesterday I finished it with 2 pieces of bacon (julianed) and some crispy oyster crackers. [p]I'm pretty much a meat and taters kind of guy but this was very good. I guess I need to mix in a vegie every once in a while.
Who knew I had a vegetarian dish in me. :)[p]Doug

Comments