Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Mission BBQ

Options
It’s a chain, but they do a pretty good job.  Getting close to 100 locations.  Headquartered about a mile from my office.  They catered my daughter‘s high school graduation party a few years ago.  Everyone enjoyed it.

Love their patriotic theme.

Maryland, 1 LBGE

Comments

• speed51133
    Options
    There is one in my area. Really reminds me of Firehouse Subs. Their BBQ is not bad, but I only tried the brisket and pulled pork. They actually do smoke it right there on site. Unlike other BBQ chain joints.
    XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.
  • MacPa
    MacPa Posts: 20
    Options
    Good BBQ. The Philly store brought their truck with free food for the fire fighters to the volunteer fire house my son is a member at. If we go out for BBQ, Mission is the place.
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    Options
    It’s pretty cool, each day at noon they play the National Anthem - everything comes to a complete stop.  Turkey and cornbread are worth a try, too.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Options
    Agree, it is solid and reliable.  They’ve catered several work celebrations and is an easy lunch spot when we’re running errands.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Huh. I had no idea they were HQ'd in Glen Burnout. I'm surprised we don't have one here in Frederick, though BBQ chains(other than the Famous Dave's that's been here for 20+ years) don't seem to last too long around here.
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    It's the only chain I consistently like.  Granted, I have only been to two locations and only a couple times.  Most places are serving me dry pork and overcooked "award winning" brisket.  Once in a while the stars align and you get a good serving.  BUT, Mission seems to have it down regarding how to hold it for service.  They also have "moist brisket" as a menu option which is melt in your mouth gelatenous goodness. 
    LBGE/Maryland
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Huh. I had no idea they were HQ'd in Glen Burnout. I'm surprised we don't have one here in Frederick, though BBQ chains(other than the Famous Dave's that's been here for 20+ years) don't seem to last too long around here.
    I’m surprised there’s not one in Fredneck, too. LOL
    Kidding, love Frederick - spent a lot of time out there over the years.  Buddy owns the Red Horse.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    That's cool! I haven't been to Red Horse in forever. I need to rectify that.
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    That's cool! I haven't been to Red Horse in forever. I need to rectify that.
    You should.  Brothers Kenny and Roy own/manage the place.  They’re all about providing good service and quality food, priced right.  Let me know when you’re planning to go - I’ll reach out to Roy.  He’ll make a point of meeting you, and make sure you’re treated well.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • GeezerSteve
    Options
    My grandson is a catering manager for these guys. He's working to train some new people down in northern VA right now. He seems to like the place a lot. Their food s great as far as my wife and I see it.
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    I’m not crazy about their brisket. Don’t like my brisket pre-sauced. Tastes like they chopped up old brisket, doused it in bbq sauce to keep it from being dry and warmed it up in a pan.  Not a fan of their sauce choices either. They need a good sweet option.  Pulled pork is good though and the sides are good. 
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,186
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I’m not crazy about their brisket. Don’t like my brisket pre-sauced. Tastes like they chopped up old brisket, doused it in bbq sauce to keep it from being dry and warmed it up in a pan.  Not a fan of their sauce choices either. They need a good sweet option.  Pulled pork is good though and the sides are good. 
    Presauced BBQ has me heading for the exit. Saucing means you’re covering up something. 
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    Options
    you must have ordered the specific brisket that's pre-sauced because their normal brisket is not sauced. 
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    It’s been a while but I remember that being the only option. Maybe that was the only option for brisket a sandwich???  They could have had regular sliced brisket.  Either way, what I had was not great. 
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    CMH88 said:
    you must have ordered the specific brisket that's pre-sauced because their normal brisket is not sauced. 
    I agree, the brisket is not normally pre-sauced, whether on a sandwich or on the tray.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • CMH88
    CMH88 Posts: 40
    Options
    It’s been a while but I remember that being the only option. Maybe that was the only option for brisket a sandwich???  They could have had regular sliced brisket.  Either way, what I had was not great. 
    You ordered the chopped brisket sandwich, which is pre-sauced. I agree with you, it's sub-par. The regular brisket though is the best I've ever had, but I've only been around the northeast and mid-atlantic which aren't known for BBQ. I was curious how Mission stacked up compared to some of the real Texas joints. 
  • JohnEggGio
    Options
    Just read they will be opening in Frederick early 2021.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE