Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No new post button, etc.

Options
Wisv1k
Wisv1k Posts: 30
edited December 2019 in Forum Feedback
I don't mean to seem overly critical but of all the forums I frequent this one is the most difficult to navigate. Unless I'm missing something, I see no way to distinguish what's been read. Then going back jumps to the top of the forum and I need to scroll down to find my spot again. No "mark forums read" button.  What am I missing here. It's almost unreadable.

Comments

• rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Evidently, only a few of us have the problem.  I date my trouble to the fairly recent password debacle.  Only the posts I reply to come back with the yellow box showing new posts.  I have never been a post whore like some that have to add to almost every post to raise their post count. Some topics are interesting to me, but there is nothing I can add, so I just watch them for the yellow boxes, which are no more. 
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • Wisv1k
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I get it, I don't post often either but read almost daily. I love the content so I don't want to come off as totally negative toward the forum  but compared to others, it's quite archaic and difficult to navigate. There once was an update I saw as a huge improvement. Maybe I'm alone on that. 
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    Options
    Maybe the Buffalo will see this topic since you posted on the forum feedback channel. I posted once about this, but not in the proper place. We'll see...
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    I had that problem on my phone recently as well. I knew I read a topic and was not getting the yellow flag nor the different shading if I had read it and there were no new posts. I went to the desktop site and clicked on a topic with a yellow flag. I read through all of them and since doing that I have been getting the normal updates. Hopefully this helps.
    South Buffalo, New York
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    @The_Buffalo

Same problem here. Thanks.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Wisv1k
    Options
    I had that problem on my phone recently as well. I knew I read a topic and was not getting the yellow flag nor the different shading if I had read it and there were no new posts. I went to the desktop site and clicked on a topic with a yellow flag. I read through all of them and since doing that I have been getting the normal updates. Hopefully this helps.
    I'll try that when I get back to a PC as a bandaid.  In the end, I feel the forum could use a major feature update. 
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Same issue 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Is a post whore like a stripper or something?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    What’s with the &nbsp that is tagged on the end of someone’s name?   @nolaegghead
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Didn’t do it that time
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Post whore aaaaaahhhhh!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.