Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A pork belly burnt ends original creation contest-from Texas???

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.

Comments

• Pretty sure PB Burnt ends have been around way longer than Heims. They are like 4 years old. That said, it would not surprise me if someone in Texas decided to use pork belly instead of our coveted brisket point for burnt ends. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Pretty sure PB Burnt ends have been around way longer than Heims. 
    Pork burnt ends have been around my entire life. I have no doubt that they have been around longer than most of us has been alive. They are just not as popular and well known as brisket burnt ends. 
    I can remember going to town with my grandmother in the early 70’s and her buying chicken halves and pork burnt ends from an old black man that cooked on a galvanized garbage can on the street corner. Just curious if any of you folks from my area remember him? He cooked right across the road from where Perry’s Yamaha use to be on HWY 613. 

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.