Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Morning At ACE

Options
Well I stopped at ACE in Ocean Springs MS a few minutes ago. I needed another 20 of Rockwood. I used my $5.00 off ecoupon but noticed that the list price had crept up to $26.99. 
The other thing is that they are now a Green Egg dealer. Kind of strange since Blossmon Gas is also a dealer and is only a mile and a half down the road.

Comments

• stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    I have been told........There are three different suggested retail prices for it from Ace.  It all has to do with the store format, size, and some other factors (like Lowe's or HD nearby) that they use to adopt some pricing model for the whole store.  The store owner can go in and manually adjust whatever they want, but with 1000's of SKU's in a store, they usually do what comes down from the headshed on suggested pricing.  That store may be in the new BBQ planogram or adopted a new pricing structure.  You can always ask them to match it I suppose.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    No Lowe’s or Homley Despot within 10 miles and only ACE sells your lump( and Cowboy) locally. Not carping, I expect a little price creep in a good economy.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    Our local Ace store stocks it and sells it for $25.99. The Ace man website lists it for $27.99.  I just bought 5 bags this past Saturday when they were running their 20% off sale on your whole purchase. 
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    yes I missed that sale. Anyway my main point for locals is that we have a new Egg dealer and only a half mile or so from my house.
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    My ACE wants $26 for Rockwood and wouldn't let me use my $5 off coupon. What they really want is me to buy FOGO.
  • littlerascal56
    Options
    my Westlake keeps it on the shelf for $25.99.  I usually deal with the store manager, and he tells the girl at the register to let me have it for $19.99 when I pick up several bags.
  • Shiff
    Shiff Posts: 1,835
    Options
    My ACE wants $26 for Rockwood and wouldn't let me use my $5 off coupon. What they really want is me to buy FOGO.
    Was your $5 coupon a reward coupon?  If so, they have to accept it and you can also use another "sale" coupon along with it.  If it wasn't a reward coupon did the fine print say they wouldn't accept it for Rockwood?  I have used the monthly $10 (off $50 purchase) coupons on Rockwood lump many times.
    Large BGE
    Barry, Lancaster, PA
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,684
    Options
    Yeah, that's BS right there.  They exclude high ticket items like bge, traeger, and other brands, but we are definitely not one of them.
  • SmokeyLopey
    Options
    Yeah, that's BS right there.  They exclude high ticket items like bge, traeger, and other brands, but we are definitely not one of them.
    Yeah, they mentioned not taking it for sale of bge; however, if a $5 coupon was all that stood between me selling a $1,000 BGE, or not, I'd be ringing it up! These folks are kind of cranky anyway--which means I generally go to another ACE to  buy my accessories, lump, etc.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Dayam, can't get BGE nor Rockwood for less than $30 around here...

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    edited November 2019
    Options
    Those are crazy prices on BGE lump. Isnt that just royal oak in a green bag? 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)