Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT- It's supposed to be too cold for these

Toxarch
Toxarch Posts: 1,900
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
It's been near freezing the last few mornings. Stopped by a buddy's farm today around noon. Walked out the back door and stepped way too close to this guy. He rattled and raised up. I heard it and caught movement in my peripheral 2 feet to my right. Instincts took over and I jumped 4 feet away from him and yelled, "What the f#&%!"

He was in the yard in the shade of the house. Blended in perfect with the grass. He should be in a den somewhere. It was in the 60s mid-day, but it's still too cold. He was moving pretty quickly trying to get away from me. I yelled for my buddy to grab a shotgun. He came out wondering what I was yelling about.

He was approximately 44". Haven't seen a rattling nope rope that big (in the wild) in a long time. He had probably been under the pier and beam house. 

And no, I did not grill him.

Aledo, Texas
Large BGE
KJ Jr.

Exodus 12:9 KJV
Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof.

Comments