Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Apologies To Bobby Que

Wise One
Wise One Posts: 2,645
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I decided to try the grouper recipe but ran into a few problems. No grouper here in Atlanta so I decided to try Orange Roughy. No habernero so I used some hot hatch chiles. No papaya so I used nectarines. However it does look really good so far. Going to do a little black beans and rice to cap it off. I'm getting hungry already and dinner is a good two hours off. I'll post results later tonight.

Comments

• Bobby Que
    Bobby Que Posts: 50
    Wise One,
    Your changes sound wonderful. I will be interested in the results. The jam probably will be xcellent.
    I am burning some JJ ribs as I post- the aroma makes me want to consume them before they are ready.
    My wife is making "Jackson" salad- which combines artichoke hearts and hearts of palm in a bacon based dressing.
    I almost want to combine this simple meal with some cheap but good champagne.
    No telling what that will lead to?
    Bobby que

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Wise One,
    What you described in your post was what we used to call in the building trade as "On site modifications". It works well with recipes too. Experimentation often leads to winners.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    JJ,
    exactamooondo.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Bobby Que,
    it came out great. I found that I sliced the sweet potatoes too thin (I think 1/4inch would be right - I did about 1/8th), and I didn't do enough (my wife really liked them) but overall it was really a hit. The nectarine jam was delicious and the fish (5 minutes each side) was wonderful. Bobby Que, that recipe is a keeper, I just need to perfect it for guests. This one needs to get posted in the submitted recipe section.

• Bobby Que
    Bobby Que Posts: 50
    Wise One,[p]Sounds like your dinner was Eggselent. It is a shame you could not get Grouper where you are. [p]I am not sure what you mean by posting to the submitted recipe section. Please amplify this for me.[p]Did your nectarine jam turn out thick? The paypaya stuff comes out like storebought jam.[p] [p]
  • Bamabob
    Bamabob Posts: 246
    Bobby Que,
    I must have missed your recipe on fixing grouper,do you remember about when you posted it?I'm going to be in Destin Fla. in a few weeks and plan to bring back some good grillin' critters.What other than grouper would you recommend,will appreciate any suggestions from anyone.THNX. Bob

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Bobby Que,
    At the top of the forum index, there is a button "Add New Recipe". If you click on it, you can enter your recipe. Here is the link.
    Have a great one.
    Go Terps.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Wise One
    Bobby Que, hopefully you found how to submit a recipe. If not drop me a note and I'll help out. The nectarine jam turned out great. I want to use it on toast but my wife thinks we should take the rest of the jerk sauce and try it on chicken. I'm game!