Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hoisin Beef Short Rib Skewers

JohnInCarolina
JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
edited November 2019 in Off Topic
First time trying these.  Awfully good.

I riffed off a recipe posted on Gozney’s kitchen page:

https://www.gozney.com/uk/kitchen/hoisin-beef-short-rib-skewers/

Picked up a bunch of beef short ribs from the local market.   Cut them off the bone and into strips about 1 cm wide.   Put into marinade:

Marinade is a mix of hoisin sauce, soy sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and red wine vinegar. 

Heated up the Roccbox to 900F and stuck a CI pan in it to preheat.  Man it does not take long to get plenty hot - just a few minutes.  Then stuck the ribs on skewers and put them in the pan and into the grill.  They are done in five minutes!   Show me another way to make kabobs that fast! (ok probably a broiler will be close enough):

Topped with lime juice, toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds, red pepper slices, cilantro and green onions.  Lime wedges on the side.

These are good.  Ton of flavor, and really very tender.  You could probably do these direct on the BGE and they’d come out the same.
"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Comments