Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp by the Pool

Options
After a day of work around the house, shrimp by the pool.

Comments

• pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    That’s livin’
  • bucky925
    bucky925 Posts: 2,029
    Options
    Oh my YES!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Nice!!!!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Perfect day in my eyes 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    Lots to like about those photos!
    Stillwater, MN
  • CigarCityEgger
    Options
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Your post brought back THREE great memories!

First, I bought one of those Schöfferhofer things, by accident, a few years ago.  Didn't have my reading glasses with me, though it was a large can of beer with Orange; I'm not a big fruity beer fan but will try anything once.  Got home and realized it was grapefruit, not orange; almost threw it out.  I cracked it open after mowing the lawn on a very hot day, and NOTHING has ever quenched my thirst like that!  I've kept a couple stowed in the back of the frig ever since.

Second, the home I rented in Albuquerque in '87 had a backyard pool; while a lot of work, it sure was nice to have, on so many occasions.  

Finally, thread title reminded me of one of Dire Straits' greatest, albeit unknown, songs, Twistin' by the Pool!  Please play it at your next big party!  

https://youtu.be/WMX_B8Iumsg

:triumph:  :sunglasses:

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• cclarke142
    Options
    I am glad to bring back memories. A friend of mine suggested the beer at Disney’s Food and Wine. It was different but good. Found it at Publix. 
  • JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Mighty fine !!!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    I've come back to look at this a few times. Looks like a great moment. I love cooking and hanging out by the pool, even if I'm not in it. It's very relaxing. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MotownVol
    MotownVol Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Very nice.  Just need several more of those beverages!
    Morristown TN, LBGE and Mini-Max.
  • Hub
    Hub Posts: 927
    Options
    Where would I likely find this grapefruit beer? I'm kind of out in the country.
    Beautiful and lovely Villa Rica, Georgia
  • CornfedMA
    CornfedMA Posts: 491
    Options
    Botch said:
    Your post brought back THREE great memories!

First, I bought one of those Schöfferhofer things, by accident, a few years ago.  Didn't have my reading glasses with me, though it was a large can of beer with Orange; I'm not a big fruity beer fan but will try anything once.  Got home and realized it was grapefruit, not orange; almost threw it out.  I cracked it open after mowing the lawn on a very hot day, and NOTHING has ever quenched my thirst like that!  I've kept a couple stowed in the back of the frig ever since.

Second, the home I rented in Albuquerque in '87 had a backyard pool; while a lot of work, it sure was nice to have, on so many occasions.  

Finally, thread title reminded me of one of Dire Straits' greatest, albeit unknown, songs, Twistin' by the Pool!  Please play it at your next big party!  

https://youtu.be/WMX_B8Iumsg

:triumph:  :sunglasses:

Good jam! Never heard it before. The title of the post jogged my memory too. One of the best sports movies of all time, Slapshot. The filthy guy on the team, Moe....he uh, liked hanging out by the pool

That cook looks awesome. We’re in the 40’s getting 3-5” of rain tonight. 

• EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    Options
    Great looking afternoon cook, and I agree with you and @caliking - cooking out by the pool is very cool, whether you're in it or not...