Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Malcom Reeds Monterey chicken

gave his recipe a shot tonight and it’s pretty tasty!
I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 

Comments

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,722
    Looks good!
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    Every time I go to Malcom Reed and "How to BBQ right" recipes they are winners.  Great cook right there.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Wonderful looking chicky!
    Did you use Malcom's Grande Gringo rub?
    If so was it very hot?
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Wonderful looking chicky!
    Did you use Malcom's Grande Gringo rub?
    If so was it very hot?
    I don’t have that so I used Spiceology’s Double Smoke rub. It had a little spice to it but my family won’t eat spicy stuff 
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Good looking grub!
    LBGE
    AL
  • lousubcap said:
    Every time I go to Malcom Reed and "How to BBQ right" recipes they are winners.  Great cook right there.  Congrats. 
    I have had some success emulating Malcolm and appreciate his YouTube channel. I have not tried any of his rubs... yet.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,162
    lousubcap said:
    I have had some success emulating Malcolm and appreciate his YouTube channel. I have not tried any of his rubs... yet.
    I may be in the minority here but if I am pleased with a site and using their recipes, I will buy a few of their rubs at least once.  I owe them that.  But remember, I am old and have a lawn.  B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    lousubcap said:
    lousubcap said:
    I may be in the minority here but if I am pleased with a site and using their recipes, I will buy a few of their rubs at least once.  I owe them that.  But remember, I am old and have a lawn.  B)
    I really like him and All Things Bbq. I’ve bought a lot of Malcom’s rubs and have a 5 pound bag of The Bbq Rub on spice rack. I like it for big cooks and pulled pork. 
  • Malcom has a podcast going now as well.
    LBGE, 36" Blackstone, Anova Pro
    Charleston, SC
  • I just ran across his video on you tube. It look tasty. Cannot wait to try. 
    From the shores of Lake Michigan.  Grand Haven.
    Unsalted and Shark Free
    XL.  Woo Adjustable Rig Combo.  Flame Boss 300.
  • I think that would go over pretty well in our house. At least I know I would crush that. Will have to study up on this Reed fella  :)
    Wetumpka, Alabama
    LBGE and MM
  • I like the fact that he cooks on everything. He owns one of everything too. I wished he was my neighbor!