Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Asian Chicken Noodle Salad

Options
Hit done thighs with a heavy dose of an Asian rub I have in the drawer.  On the Mini at 350 direct with some JD oak chips 

Removed the skin, chopped and mixed with spaghetti, chopped red pepper, thin sliced green onions, chopped peanuts, sesame seeds and a homemade peanut sauce 

All mixed up and ready to eat 

Really quick and easy meal that hit the top of the tasty meter.    

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,467
    Options
    Damn that looks good.  Bet it'd be a great summer dish served room temp, too!  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    Jeeeeeezzzzuuussssss, you are my favorite Egger. You bring the heat with every cook, even if it’s just a simple nightly cook.  This is the shiz. Maybe it’s the Asian spin you put on a lot of dishes. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a Wednesday night and I’m on my third bourbon. 

I still want to hang out with caliking and I’d like to meet Nolaegghead, DoubleEgger, Scotty and several others. But if I want to spend a week eating at someone’s house, I’m checking in to your spare room. 

I love your posts, man.  

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• g8golfer
    g8golfer Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Another great cook 
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    Options
    I’d have seconds of that.  
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yum!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Botch said:
    Damn that looks good.  Bet it'd be a great summer dish served room temp, too!  
    Thanks @Botch - that was exactly how we served it.   

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    Jeeeeeezzzzuuussssss, you are my favorite Egger. You bring the heat with every cook, even if it’s just a simple nightly cook.  This is the shiz. Maybe it’s the Asian spin you put on a lot of dishes. Maybe it’s the fact that it’s a Wednesday night and I’m on my third bourbon. 

I still want to hang out with caliking and I’d like to meet Nolaegghead, DoubleEgger, Scotty and several others. But if I want to spend a week eating at someone’s house, I’m checking in to your spare room. 

I love your posts, man.  
    Thanks @SaltySam - bring it. With 2 eggers we could turn up the heat a bit and have fun doin it. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    g8golfer said:
    Another great cook 
    Thank you 

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    SciAggie said:
    I’d have seconds of that.  
    Next time your in Ky. 

analyze adapt overcome

• Mattman3969
    Options
    Yum!
    Thanks John 

analyze adapt overcome

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Options
    The whole meal looks delicious, but the chicken on the Mini looks devine.  I would have just stood over the Mini and ate it straight off the grate.
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • texaswig
    texaswig Posts: 2,682
    Options
    That's a good looking dish. Gonna have to make something like that soon.

2-XLs ,MM,blackstone,Ooni koda 16,R&V works 8.5 gallon fryer,express smoker and 40" smoking cajun 

scott 
    Greenville Tx
  • johnnyp
    johnnyp Posts: 3,932
    Options
    Looks solid, my man
    XL & MM BGE, 36" Blackstone - Newport News, VA
  • TideEggHead
    TideEggHead Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Great cook! Simple, fast, and looks delicious! I will have to make a version of this soon. Not to mention I have been heavily eye balling the mini to add to our camping set up, this keeps adding to my pros list!
    LBGE
    AL
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    That looks tasty. Caliprince would be all over that too. I'll have to try it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,025
    Options
    That looks wonderful. My sister makes something similar but with Italian dressing. I really like the Asian flair. Yum.
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota