Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

concrete block table builds???

Any builds of concrete block tables that are veneered and include stainless cabinets???
XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.

Comments

• Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    I think @SciAggie veneered one a year or two ago. 
    Or it might have been @Photo Egg. Can’t quite remember. 
    --------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Sea2Ski said:
    Not Me
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I searched SciAggie's posts from a few years back. Didn't see any. 
  • ryantt
    ryantt Posts: 2,532
    edited September 2019
    http://biggreeneggic.com/building-a-concrete-big-green-egg-table/

I found this a few yrs ago.  It might be a good starting point for you 
    XL BGE, KJ classic, Joe Jr, UDS x2 

• Thanks for the link. That table is a bit simplistic. I will probably just figure it out as I go and hopefully have time to take some pics along the way.
  • Be sure to post your progress. I will be building an outdoor kitchen in the spring and I’m debating whether to go with concrete blocks and veneer Austin stone or just doing full Austin stone. I’m leaning towards the latter as of now.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Sea2Ski said:
    They make medicine to help improve your memory.....if you can remember to take it.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I used 2” steel square tubing for framing. I covered that with concrete board and then used a manufactured stone on the outside. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • marysvilleksegghead
    marysvilleksegghead Posts: 862
    edited September 2019
    SciAggie said:
    I used 2” steel square tubing for framing. I covered that with concrete board and then used a manufactured stone on the outside. 

dang nice setup!
    Lrg 2008
    Mini 2009
  • SciAggie
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    SciAggie said:
    You got room for my fifth wheel to park in your yard for a weekend...I mean winter?  😁
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SciAggie
    @kl8ton There’s a whole acre out back... We can make a pit for whole hog...
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    @SciAggie what is your average temp in January/ February?  Still in flip flops? 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • SciAggie
    Jan/Feb daytime highs in the 40’s/50’s - lows upper 30’s. Wind is often 10-12 mph so a bit cool. Not unbearable at all. I still usually cook outside but we eat inside. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Sea2Ski said:
    They make medicine to help improve your memory.....if you can remember to take it.
    I think I remember hearing that somewhere before....
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited September 2019
    The steel square tubing build looks nice. Thanks for that. Did you put any cabinetry in it?

One issue I have is that I am putting it on my poured concrete deck that attaches to the house. The deck slopes a little more than .25in per foot. Over the run of about 8 feet that is about half inch lower in elevation at one end of the bar. I am probably going to grind/cut the masonry blocks on the first run to make up for this and have a level second course of block. 

I have a tig welder, but I do not have an outlet for it in the back. I think the steel would cost way more than block as well.
  • My outdoor kitchen is cinder block, but the austin stone is more than just a veneer (stones are ~4-6" deep).  It isn't structural though, that's what the cinder block is for.
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • any pics of the build?
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    @NorthPilot06 That WFO tho! 🔥😻🔥😻🔥
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SciAggie
    @NorthPilot06 That looks really nice. I hope you love your wood oven as much as I do mine. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • speed51133
    speed51133 Posts: 691
    edited September 2019
    Did you cast your own counters? What climate are you in?
  • I do, absolutely.  Greatly appreciate your recommendation on the forno bravo!

We’re quickly coming up on the prime season to use the oven, eg all fall, winter, and spring. I need to use the second half of the 1/2 cord of post oak - I think the moisture content is a bit low now. 
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    @NorthPilot06 Did you cast the concrete tops yourself? Did they get cast in place or separate and then placed on top?

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    @TEXASBGE2018 It’s actually leuters stone, not concrete
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    @SciAggie,
    How much was that pizza oven
  • SciAggie
    DuckDogDr said:
    @SciAggie,
    The kit was around $2000.0 then you have to put it together. If you hire that done they can get really pricey. This oven was a Forno Bravo Casa 90 cm. 
    Coleman, Texas
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • G_S
    G_S Posts: 62

I started but.
    But due to injuries I have not been able to finish.

• Cinder block construction with stack stone veneer. 
    SE PA
    XL, Lg, Mini max and OKJ offset
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    SciAggie said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    @SciAggie,
    The kit was around $2000.0 then you have to put it together. If you hire that done they can get really pricey. This oven was a Forno Bravo Casa 90 cm. 
    I think I paid closer to 3 for the same kit FWIW, prices have gone up.