Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Smokeware cast iron CL plate setter

factory blemished XL plate setter for 119 on sale now. https://smokeware.com/collections/cast-iron-plate-setters
XL BGE and Kamado Joe Jr.

Comments

• I just got mine delivered yesterday. Honestly, if they would not have labeled them as blemished, I would not have known. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Very important...
    Check the spacing around the outer diameter. Make sure the CI setter does not fit too tight. It needs expansion space or ceramic base could be cracked.
    This if no fault in manufacturing of plate setter. Ceramic molding is not perfect and your Egg could be slightly narrower than standard on not truly round.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • thanks for the tip.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    edited September 2019
    Great thing about CI is you can use a good wire brush wheel on a larger drill and clean them up so easy.
    I don't use my that often but like it.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I just got it as a backup to my ceramic one. I had it crack and replaced on warranty. I thought I could also use it to grill things right on the cast iron instead of using a skillet. I also used a 20% off code and got it even cheaper. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Photo Egg said:
    Great thing about CI is you can use a good wire brush wheel on a larger drill and clean them up so easy.
    I don't use my that often but like it.
    my wife won one (for MM) at the NGA Eggfest this past year. I have been using it for my searing and have really learned to enjoy it. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow