Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well crap, MiniMax Woes...

I picked up a MinMax last summer. That was 2018. Apparently I got old inventory, first edition (apparently) 2015 Mini Max that the CGS Woo Ring will not work with. Had no idea. Question is it possible to make this Woo work with a different fire ring? Or am I in need of different Mini Max :s ?

Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]

Comments

• tamck1
    tamck1 Posts: 36
    edited September 2019
    Short answer - yes, it will work. I’ve been through the same scenario with a MM I gave my son-in-law last Christmas. Bought it new but it must have come from the far back corner of the warehouse. CGS  woo ring wouldn’t work until I had an aha moment and realized I had an old fire ring. Took the fire ring back to the dealer and showed him the difference in old and current rings - exchanged with no questions asked and now Woo ring fits perfectly. Any dealer worth his salt should do the same. 
    L and MM BGEs with JJGeorge tables, Mini BGE with carrier, other charcoal and pellet smokers/grills too numerous to count.
  • acolle
    acolle Posts: 133
    Unfortunately I purchased up in OR, now in CO. I'll just get a new one I suppose!
    Moved from upper left to Denver, CO | BGE LG & MMX + Kotaigrill [Hibachi]
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I don’t know what the difference is but call Tom at Ceramic Grill Store. Might be able to rasp and notch your current fire ring to fit. The ceramics are soft.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • I was in the same boat as you by getting an old egg.  Try your local dealer first to see if they will swap.  Having a worthless dealer, I emailed mothership and got a new style ring sent to a different dealer.  Make sure you get the updated handles as well.. They will have hex bolts attaching them, not allen heads. 
    York County, PA
    Large BGE 2014 - CGS adj rig, spider, and stones..
    Mini Max 2018
  • bigguy136
    bigguy136 Posts: 1,362
    Just buy a new ring. I have the original MM and bought the updated ring. Cost $30.

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

• I asked my dealer nicely and they gave me the new ring and it works great