Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baking Bread

Options
mr toad
mr toad Posts: 779
What accessories do i need to bake bread on the Medium Egg?

Thank you - MrToad
See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                    Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
    Cast Iron Dutch Oven works well and a multi tasker....or I guess you could just toss it on the PS
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • jtcBoynton
    jtcBoynton Posts: 2,814
    Options
    A set up for pizza works well for bread. Without that, a Dutch Oven loaf will work.
    Southeast Florida - LBGE
    In cooking, often we implement steps for which we have no explanations other than ‘that’s what everybody else does’ or ‘that’s what I have been told.’  Dare to think for yourself.

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,349
    Options
     Some fin a baking steel can be useful.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    The book Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish and a 4 quart cast iron Dutch oven have really helped me make some great bread on my Egg.
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • mr toad
    mr toad Posts: 779
    Options
    Thanks guys, for the help
    See no Evil - Hear no Evil - Speak no Evil
                        Smoke no Evil

BGE - Mini, Small, Medium, Large
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I've only ever used the plate setter. Here's some banana bread I did several years ago. To be honest, I've only done it a couple of times just to say I'd done it. IMO, it's just easier to do it in the oven as you don't have to deal with all of the setup required for the egg; including the time it takes to light and get to the proper temp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    MeTed said:
    The book Flour Water Salt Yeast by Ken Forkish and a 4 quart cast iron Dutch oven have really helped me make some great bread on my Egg.
    I recently listened to a podcast about wit. Congratulations to you, and @lousubcap, for your witty handles.
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,115
    Options
    I use this recipe (and have modified various ways) and a Lodge 6 QT CI DO 

http://www.thecomfortofcooking.com/2013/04/no-knead-crusty-artisan-bread.html

XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Mr Toad...I assume you are the real Rodney D...right?

Man, it's great to see you are still kicking! Not too many of us old boys are still on this forum. Have you heard of the reunion scheduled over on FB?

How's your preacher man brother doing? 

Are you still sailing? 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,485
    Options
    MeTed said:
    I recently listened to a podcast about wit. Congratulations to you, and @lousubcap, for your witty handles.
    Thank you; I would've completely missed the "MeTed", and for a couple years I kept reading "Lou's Hubcap", for whatever reason....

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month