Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great oven mitt for your egg

Options
Dean
Dean Posts: 29
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I haven't tried them yet, but I just bought these huge oven mitts from a scientific cataloge - online at www.sciplus.com They're less than $6 apiece, and I bought 2 (plus $5 shipping). They cover your arm up to the elbow. So if you are worried about megaflames and have a large egg, you might want to look these up. Just do a search on 'oven mitt', and they'll pop up.

Comments

• Mike Oelrich
    Options
    Dean,[p] I prefer the Hi-Lo version of these things:[p]http://www.brentonsafety.com/store/9-922.htm"[p]They're rated to allow you to immerse your hands intermittently in liquids up to 160ºC, though they are insulated only a bit. Only thing you might not like is that they're only 12" long. I use them to pull pork and to just grab hot meat right off the grill. A quick wash in soapy water and they're ready to go again![p]To give you an idea of how tough they are, a quick anecdote from last-year's Eggfest. The folks that bought the demo BGEs had to get them out of the area but many BGEs still had hot coals in them. A few folks tried using my gloves to grab the coals and lift them out. Now, mind you, the gloves aren't the best insulated things in the world so people's hands still got very hot, very fast causing us to resort to tongs for the burning embers. But the gloves didn't melt.[p]MikeO
  • MikeO, aren't those the same gloves I've seen on Nature Boy leaning over pulling pork in one of the Eggfest pictures? I presently use welder's gloves for moying hot bricks off the egg, but of course no for touching food. Thanks for the site, will probably order some today.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    one feral kat,
    That was MikeO over the pulled pork! And they work like a charm.[p]I did use them to remove the grill topper wok with the squid tenticles in it. That thing was about 800 degrees, and the gloves worked great.
    I need to get me a pair too.[p]Cheers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy, thanks and ooooops, sorry about that, Mike O thinking you were he or he were you or...oh never mind!