Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need to finish a smoke-job quickly

mike
mike Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have been smoking a 15lb shoulder for ~12 hrs and i'm running out of time. The pig needs to get to the party. It's been smoking at dome temp of 240 - 255 for the whole time thus far. I've just covered it with foil and raised the temp to 350... will this hurt the pig ?[p]What else can i do ?[p]Thanks

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Mike,[p] Ouch I just bit my tongue... Daaam I tink I rew lood[p] What is the temp of the Pork? How long has it been cooking? No it won't hurt it.. [p]
  • mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Celtic Wolf,[p]Internal temp was 164 before i cut the shoulder in half, covered it with foil, and rasied the temp to 350.[p]I'm hoping for 180 - 190 for internal temp. I'll be checking it in 10 mins.[p]Thanks for the help !
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Mike,[p] You may be at the meats plateau. Not sure 10 minutes will be enough..[p] With Pork Butt and Brisket you should plan on 1-2 hours per pound depend on the amount of fat, bone and connective tissue the peice of meat has.[p]