Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First cook XL six pizzas

Options

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Options
    Those pizzas look great:  Well done - and dang that egg looks clean!! Welcome aboard
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • BUFFALOMOOSE
    Options
    Never did double decker pizza's. How long?  Rotate?
    South Buffalo, New York
  • NorthPilot06
    NorthPilot06 Posts: 1,179
    Options
    Welcome!  Starting off with an excellent post too - I’ve not seen the double decker setup before either - did you have any issues with top pizza cooking quicker than the bottom pie?
    DFW - 1 LGBE & Happy to Adopt More...
  • pgprescott
    pgprescott Posts: 14,544
    Options
    Nicely done. 
  • Hoster05
    Hoster05 Posts: 312
    Options
    What is your crust recipe?  Those look thin and crisp, something I have been striving for. 
    Mankato, MN - LBGE
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Interested in your dough recipe as well. My son Duke loves thin and crispy pizzas.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Skrullb
    Skrullb Posts: 666
    Options
    I’ve done the double set up on my XL with pizzas and the top definitely cooked faster than the bottom. I did it once and haven’t tried it again, it stressed me out. Lol
    I'm in Fredericksburg, VA, and I have an XL and a medium. 
  • obdog
    obdog Posts: 7
    Options
    Us the Whole Foods pre-made whole wheat crust - nice and thin.  Cook in about 8 min depending on if you want crispy or softer.  No stress done this way
  • obdog
    Options
    Picture of the pizza crust used -  I know some may say its cheating to buy these pre-made.   However, I have done it both ways and for my taste these are far superior to any dough I have made.  Thin crispy and somewhat healthy.  I worked at Tories Italian villa when I lived in Atlanta and they thought me to toss a pizza (which I can still do). It’s fun but for me this works best.
  • Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    Options
    Looks fabulous 
  • obdog
    Options
    And yes it cooked a bit faster on the bottom - I was closer and directly on the two half moons.  I cooked at about 350 - If you put two of the exact same pizza’s on the bottom will be a bit more crispy.  (Be carful these Pre-makes will crisp up fast)   The other variable that makes a big difference is how much toppings.  Loaded up cooks a bit slower.  I dont like to overload my pizza with too much of anything thin spread of marinara,  uncurled pepperoni or sausage - also use a good quality parm cheese and go a bit lighter on the mozzarella - I throw on a few hot pepper from my garden but thats just me....