Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Infusing vodka and gin

anyone ever try this?  My first time.  5 days so far. Vodka with basil and rosemary.  Gin with mint. The color change is dramatic 

Comments

• RRog17
    RRog17 Posts: 562
    edited August 2019
    I’ve done vodka with cucumber. It’s really good!!!
    Canton, GA
    LBGE, Joe Jr., 28” Blackstone
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    edited August 2019
    My wife did some recently - vodka and jalapeño.  It’s great for Bloody Mary. 
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • BGEChicago
    BGEChicago Posts: 574
    For our engagement party (15 years ago) we did pineapple vodka.... bad idea! It went down smooth, way too smooth!
    Chicago, IL BGE XL BGE Mini Webber Charcoal / Elmhurst, IL
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    We used to soak a sliced jalepeno in vodka during a bar shift.  At the end of the shift we would shoot the vodka and chase it by biting into a Roma tomato.

Salsa shots!
    NOLA
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Never have tried any of these ideas - but they remind me of a trick I have used in baking for years. I use vodka in place of water. 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,741
    That sounds wonderful. A distillery not far from me makes a horseradish vodka that makes great bloodies.
    Stillwater, MN
  • BugFreak72
    BugFreak72 Posts: 246
    Been thinking of doing this with tequila and jalapenos. How long are you all leaving the items in the alcohol? 
  • Soyknee
    Soyknee Posts: 33
    I have a friend that does a cherry lime infused vodka. He uses his Anova and does it in jars to speed up the process
  • mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    That sounds wonderful. A distillery not far from me makes a horseradish vodka that makes great bloodies.
    Dang - that sounds excellent.  I’m thinking horseradish and jalapeño together  :o
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • My wife put the whole garden in some Tito's: celery, carrots, onions, pickles...and likely some I have forgotten. It went well with Charleston bloody Mary mix.

• Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    Dang. I love the variations. Thanks 
  • EagleIII
    EagleIII Posts: 415
    I have not tried either of these, but every summer, I make several half gallon bottles of Blueberry/Lemon Vodka which my wife mixes with Lemonade as her favorite summertime drink.  I start with a half gallon of vodka of choice.  You have to take a cup or cup and a half out of the bottle to allow room to add a package of dried blueberries and lemon zest though.  I get the dried blueberries at Trader Joes, and I think the package is about 8 oz's.  Add the package of dried blueberries to the bottle and add the zest of two large lemons.  Let the fruit and vodka mixture sit at room temp for a week, strain the blueberries and lemon zest out, add back the vodka you removed to make room for the fruit and off you go.  My wife loves it when mixed with lemonade as a summertime cocktail. 
  • Daddyshack
    Daddyshack Posts: 179
    That is a great idea. Going to try it. Thank you.