Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What’s on your bucket list....

WildmanWilson
WildmanWilson Posts: 482
edited August 2019 in EggHead Forum
That you haven’t cooked but want to?

After seeing pictures of pork belly burnt ends that’s on the top for me. 

Comments

• kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,410
    Beef Ribs!
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • leemschu
    leemschu Posts: 609
    Rack of lamb and brisket. Never had the nads to buy them.
    Dyersburg, TN
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    Reddish on the half shell.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    I'd love to smoke a slab of bacon, and slice it myself.
    But, my slicer ain't big enough, nor do I have the refrigerator space for the curing.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    That is an interesting question! But honestly I don't have an answer. There might have been some dishes I have tried over the years and was disappointed, but I never keep track of failures so I can't answer.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Interestingly enough, pork belly burnt ends was on my list until today.  They turned out great! 

Several years ago I saw a cook that another Egghead did that was pretty gangster.  Al Pastor tacos on a homemade rotisserie.  Wanted to do that one ever since

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Plate ribs, just can’t find anyone who sells them around my area. 
  • westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    Ciopinno.   Silky red sauce....and linguine on the side
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    I have not yet cooked a whole lamb or goat on a Patagonia cross. I have the cross - I just need the lamb and a group of folks to eat it. 
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    @leemschu said:
    Rack of lamb and brisket. Never had the nads to buy them.
    I love lamb and I used to make racks of lamb fairly often. They have gone up in price though and I have a hard time pulling the trigger. I am the only one in the fam that eats it so the cheapo in me has trouble spending $24 on a single hunk of meat that is just for me. 

Brisket on the other hand...that is cheap these days at Sam's or Costco. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    edited August 2019
    Plate ribs, just can’t find anyone who sells them around my area. 
    FWIW if you have a Sam's or Costco and they carry short ribs in any form then chances are they have them in the cryo that you can buy. You just have to ask the butcher. 

https://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1203408/plate-short-ribs-from-sams-club

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    What I want to cook is anything with the outcomes posted by @smokingal or @SciAggie.  What I can cook turns out a whole lot different... B)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Still haven't done a brisket. It's embarrassing.
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    edited August 2019
    Raft through the Grand Canyon.....oh wait....I prolly can't do that on an egg.
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    dmchicago said:
    Nor have I.  I’ve had one in my freezer for a loooong time.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • 1voyager
    1voyager Posts: 1,157
    SciAggie said:
    I have not yet cooked a whole lamb or goat on a Patagonia cross. I have the cross - I just need the lamb and a group of folks to eat it. 
    I'm there. Just say when!
    Large Egg, PGS A40 gasser.
  • TEXASBGE2018
    TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,831
    Are we talking on the egg? If so, Pork Belly Burnt Ends, Tomahawk Ribeye, Regular Burnt Ends, Any kind of Dessert.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• MJG
    MJG Posts: 598
    I want to smoke a bologna!  
    Large Big Green Egg in a nest. North Shore of Boston.
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    Two chicks at the same time. 

I've always just grilled one chicken at a go. 

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    dmchicago said:
    I find them much easier than ribs; go for it!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Botch said:
    dmchicago said:
    I find them much easier than ribs; go for it!  
    Yeah...I'm waiting on sub 100 degree days and also I need to change my bands. Too hot for that as well!
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    SciAggie said:
    This guy says, DO IT!! =)
    Image result for mallmann whole goat

Or find a bigger group of friends!

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,795
    Beef Wellington

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• smokingal
    smokingal Posts: 1,025
    Japanese A5 Wagyu packer brisket
    lamb pastrami
    samosas
    It's "Smokin Gal", not "Smoking Al".
    Egging in the Atlanta GA region
    Large BGE, CGS setup, Kick Ash Basket, Smokeware SS Cap,
    Arteflame grill grate

http://barbecueaddict.com
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869
    Crown roast of pork

Baltimore Pit Beef

Ashish’s Korean fried wings 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SciAggie
    SciAggie Posts: 6,481
    SciAggie said:
    This guy says, DO IT!! =)

Or find a bigger group of friends!
    Mallman is my hero...
    Coleman, Texas
    Large BGE & Mini Max for the wok. A few old camp Dutch ovens and a wood fired oven. LSG 24” cabinet offset smoker. There are a few paella pans and a Patagonia cross in the barn. A curing chamber for bacterial transformation of meats...
    "Bourbon slushies. Sure you can cook on the BGE without them, but why would you?"
                                                                                                                          YukonRon
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,458
    Two chicks at the same time. 

I've always just grilled one chicken at a go. 
    I did that yesterday. Never mind, not sure if we have same definition of chick!

canuckland
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    smokingal said:
    Japanese A5 Wagyu packer brisket
    lamb pastrami
    samosas
    @smokingal I was thinking about that A-5 brisket before posting my above comment.  I figured I would just go "all-inclusive" instead.  Regarding the lamb- I can nail the rack and the chops; I believe I have one more rib rack and then I am declaring victory with that cut.
    And like I often say, learn something new dang near every day  here and that's the case with samosas.  You will knock 'em out of the park. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,354
    Duck 

Jacksonville FL
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    I’ve added at least two things to my list now, after reading other posts!

smoked bologna, boyeeeeee!!

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE