Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Joe Rotisserie

Options
For the people that have a Big Joe Rotisserie  how do you like it? What else besides whole chicken and turkeys can you do on it? Looking at getting one but on the fence! Thank you 
It's the cow that drives the meat!!

XL Egg, Mini Max, Mini,  17" Blackstone 
Wi

Comments

• Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I’ve seen posts of ribs and pork butts on it here.  Just another way to cook stuff, in an awesome way. 

Just get it if you’re looking for fun and something new.  I’d probably do some gyro meat if I had one.  
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    I’ve only done chickens on mine. So far. Ribs are intriguing. 
  • Calbbqer
    Calbbqer Posts: 69
    Options

Spun two racks of Costco baby backs. Cooked the remaining rack on another grill. Photo may be grainy since it’s a screen shot of a video. Lump on one side, ~300 for 2 hours, I think...
  • HarrisFrampton
    Options

Chicken Wings!
    Wimberley,TX
    X-Large,Large, Medium and Small
    17" and 28" Blackstones
  • Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    I have a rotisserie for my gas grill (had it for years before I bought my Egg) and one of the things that bothered me was the giant hole through my roasts. Couple that with having a big hole from a Meater thermometer and I would Be somewhat unhappy. I know, not a big deal, but I just never liked it. I have never really thought about a rotisserie for the Egg.
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Lowcountrygamecock
    Options
    How do chicken wings compare to straight on the rack?  What time and temp do you use?
  • cookingdude555
    Options
    The big joe version isn’t $193 on amazon right now. That’s $70 less than mine. 
  • 55Kevy
    55Kevy Posts: 234
    Options
    I recently took the plunge and bought one.  I've only cooked a pork loin roast and a chicken on it, but they both turned out excellent.  I've been toying with the idea of spinning a tri tip in a flat basket.

One thing to keep in mind is storage. That ring is pretty big and I've ended up hanging it on the wall in my garage.  No room in the egg cart.

Kevin

Beautiful Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    XL BGE, Woo2, AR