Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First brisket...for the win!

Options
Jcl5150
Jcl5150 Posts: 280
edited August 2019 in EggHead Forum
So I did my first brisket today.  I bought a 10.3 pound Prime packer from Sam’s Club.  I trimmed and then rubbed with Hard Core Carnivore Black last night so that I could get up at five and just light the Egg.  Put it on at 5:45, then wrapped it in butcher paper about 9:30 when the IT was 140.  I pulled it off at 2:30 when it probed like buttah and jiggled like jello. Let it rest, then FTC until six.  We had friends over for the feast, and my buddy even said it melted in his mouth.  The best compliment I got was that not one person felt the need to use bbq sauce!  I served it with a five cheese mac and cheese, corn on the cob, homemade coleslaw, and watermelon.  Thanks to everyone for the suggestions, and especially lousubcap for walking me through it.  There are things I need to improve, like trimming especially, but overall I was excited by this first one.  Can’t wait for the next one!

Comments