Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilling Salmon for the 1st time

Looking for cooking tips to grill Salmon. Marinade/seasoning, cook time, cook temp! This will be my 1st time grilling Salmon on the BGE!

Comments

• mEGG_My_Day
    mEGG_My_Day Posts: 1,653
    Memphis, TN 

LBGE, 2 SBGE, Hasty-Bake Gourmet
  • That Dizzy Pig receipt does look simple and good. Thanks for sharing. 
  • JohnEggGio
    JohnEggGio Posts: 1,430
    I like to get a whole side, maybe 3-4 pounds. Put it on some heavy duty aluminum foil, skin down.  I fold-up the edges to sorta create a tray to hold juices.  Usually just salt and pepper.  I go raised, indirect at 325-350, and I get some smoke on it.  Cook to desired done-ness.  I go 45-60 minutes.  The skin sticks to the foil - easy to remove the flesh.  I make smoked salmon dip/spread with the leftovers- always a hit.
    Maryland, 1 LBGE
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Simple salmon marinade: 1/3 cup each of: water, brown sugar, soy sauce.  1/4 cup vegetable oil.  Pepper, salt and garlic to taste.   Marinate filets for an hour or two.  Baste the filets as they cook.   This is a family favorite, lends a savory slightly sweet taste.  Sorry no pics but it does create a nice caramel color. 
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • I like to get a whole side, maybe 3-4 pounds. Put it on some heavy duty aluminum foil, skin down.  I fold-up the edges to sorta create a tray to hold juices.  Usually just salt and pepper.  I go raised, indirect at 325-350, and I get some smoke on it.  Cook to desired done-ness.  I go 45-60 minutes.  The skin sticks to the foil - easy to remove the flesh.  I make smoked salmon dip/spread with the leftovers- always a hit.
    Thanks John! I will give that a try. 
  • JethroVA said:
    Simple salmon marinade: 1/3 cup each of: water, brown sugar, soy sauce.  1/4 cup vegetable oil.  Pepper, salt and garlic to taste.   Marinate filets for an hour or two.  Baste the filets as they cook.   This is a family favorite, lends a savory slightly sweet taste.  Sorry no pics but it does create a nice caramel color. 
    Thanks Jethro! Appreciate the help! Tell Daisy May I said how you durin! 
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,331
    I did salmon tonight. Easy weeknight meal. 350-400 with cedar planks. A whole side takes 35-40 minutes. I usually use some Rufus Teague Fish rub. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• mahenryak
    mahenryak Posts: 1,324
    Italian Dressing is a very simple, nice marinade for salmon.  
    LG BGE, KJ Jr, Smokin Bros. Premier 36 and Pizza Party Bollore