Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hey Julie Applegate

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Scrolled down a few pages and saw your post on the salmon dip. Wanted to let you know I have some vague info for you. I wish I could be more specific, but I don't have the capability right now. There was a website that used to come up frequently from a cupla guys that cooked on eggs. Ugly Brothers I think. Anyways, they had a fish dip recipe on there that was really good. I found their site (uglybrothers.com), and it has changed, and I could not find that recipe. Maybe I am totally off, and it was "16 guys and a fish". LOL. Dang, it's tough getting old. Anyways, maybe these ramblings will ring a bell for someone, or maybe someone can find that dip recipe on the ugly bro site.[p]I did make the recipe once, and it was really good. Maybe you'll be saying "thanks for nuthin", or maybe some genius will read this and lock right onto the recipe. Either way, hope you and Steve have a great holiday.[p]Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• eggaholic
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Julie are u the one that email me about the Balsamic glazed salmon?? If so sorry, got caught up in Woosday. It's a Marinaide made by HEB (Texas & Mexico only grocery store brand.). To tell u the truth though any blend of spices and balsamic would work. Things like black pepper, rosemary, thyme, a little salt....etc. Hope this helps.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Nature Boy, her's a recipe that was posted 3 years ago:
    Smoked Salmon Dip
    I just smoked some Salmon and used it in a dip. Took it to a gathering last Friday night and came home with an empty bowl.
    Ingredients
    Egg Smoked Salmon
    Philadelphia Creamed Cheese
    Pickapeppa Sauce
    Fresh Chopped Garlic
    Fresh Chopped Cilantro and Parsley
    Finely chopped onion
    Crushed Red Pepper
    Lemon juice
    a little Old Bay Seasoning
    Procedure
    1 It's a toss as you go recipe, add what you have...you want green onions or chives? I think I added the green onions. [p] Recipe Source
    Author: Posted by Mike in MN on June 28, 2003

[p]

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    And here's another one that must be good since its name is in French (LOL):
    Pâté de Saumon Fumé

Smoked Salmon PâtéPronounced: pah tay / duh / soh mo(hn) / foo meh

Ingredients:
    6 oz smoked salmon
    4 Tbs butter, softened
    1/2 cup crème fraîche (or heavy cream)
    juice of 1/2 lemon
    cayenne pepper
    salt & freshly ground black pepper

Preparation:
    1 Place the salmon in a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
    2 Transfer to another bowl, and beat in the butter and cream a little at a time.
    3 Season with some cayenne and black pepper and taste.
    4 Pack the pâté into a crock or ramekins and chill.
    To serve:
    1 Just before serving, decorate with a few lemon slices and parsley sprigs. Serve the pâté at room temperature with toasted baguette slices or crackers. May be made up to 2 days ahead and stored, covered, in the refrigerator.

Author: Debra Fioritto Weber, Your Guide to French Cuisine.

[p]

• Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Could this be the one you are referring to?[p]Regards,
    Jethro

[ul][li]http://www.3men.com/smoked.htm# Smoked%20Fish%20Dip[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Yo Jeff.
    Amazing. Nice work. That's a good one, and it lets the subtle taste of the fish come through. Need to make that again soon. [p]Hope you are well, my friend. [p]Happy holidays!!!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Jethro
    Jethro Posts: 495
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Thanks - man now that I am a verified ginuass I gotta update me resumay.[p]Have a good one.[p]Jethro
  • J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Wise One,[p]I was given a cool little terrine for Christmas last year and this recipe would be perfect for that. I've been on a big crème fraîche kick as well, so this sounds perfect. My sister-in-law is half Sicilian and Christmas eve requires 7 "fishes". I may bring this. [p]Merry Christmas, Bill, from all of the Appledogs.
  • J Appledog
    Options
    Beauty, Jethro. Thanks - that was the type of thing I was originally looking for. JCA

• J Appledog
    Options
    Chris, [p]I have smoked 120 pounds of salmon in the last few weeks. Raging River rocks! I have more on 3 boneless turkey breasts to smoke tomorrow. I have a turkey to do Friday. Maybe I'll put raging River on that...?[p]Thanks, and Merry Christmas from the Appledogs. Baby Luna is busy, but a joy. I can't believe that an 11 week old puppy can be so smart and good. I'm sure next week will be different![p]You are in our thoughts and prayers. Once the house project really gets going it will happen quickly. It took almost a year and a half for my mother - I feel your pain![p]JCA[p]

• Eggvis
    Eggvis Posts: 94
    Options
    J Appledog,[p] My family is also celebrating Christmas the italian way...but my mom must have things confused...she thinks its a meal of 12 fishes....me and the wife have 4 recipes to cook. Ah well, we all love fish, so none will be wasted.[p]Merry Christmas!![p]Paul