Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

praise for the green egg

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So there I was wanting to try out this new Klose style metal smoker I had designed and built. I figured a little nascar, crank up the beast and call it a day. Instead I am roped into helping a friend move and this means no all day cook except I am the proud owner of a large egg. Load her up with lump and soak some hickory chunks and put my boston butt on about 12:00. I stop by the house every now and again to fiddle with the fire and to add some hickory. finishing moving my friend, play nine holes of golf and come home to a butt sitting at 195. Call it done and bring it in the house. The reknowned mr. brown fills the air with joy and we munch down on q. Lesson learned, moving sucks, golf is the most frustrating game in the world, and the green egg couldn't be easier to use.[p]t

Comments

• Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    tember2,[p] I can't think of a better story to explain how easy the egg
    works & how good it works. Next move you help with, you can always say sorry, I must stay & watch the BBQ so dinner will not dryout & burn. Then pull out the lawn chair & relax.
    Just kidding, glad things worked out so well.[p]Earl

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    tember2,
    Golf this time of year is a fantasy in my neck of the woods. Be glad that you were able to chase a little white ball around somebody else neat yard. I always say that if I were good at golf, I would not need another job.[p]Speaking of fantasies this time of year… an overnight BBQ with any metal cooker. Spring is coming; I saw a crocus blooming this morning. But I will bet that JJ had to mow is grass already.[p]Sorry, I am just rambling now.
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I cut my grass saturday,azaleas and dogwoods are blooming.The Master's golf tournament will be here in 2 weeks.A friend of mine is down here now playing golf from your part of the country,John works at Case Western Reserve,spring is here.[p]Larry

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    YB,
    Now you are just rubbing it in Larry.
    We will be lucky if we see 50 degrees in the next two or three weeks. I guess that we have at least one more major dumping of snow to deal with. It usually hits in the first two weeks of April or not at all.[p]Oh, go cut the grass.
    RhumAndJerk

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    RhumAndJerk, for a innocent looking unassuming type of guy this YB, he has a agonizing way of hurting a guy...I have 45F here today..and gradually getting rid of all that white junk and frozen rain deposited from our northern brothers.
    Some local tulips poppin, and ladybugs emerging in this area, where the sun has hit the ground. Where you can see ground that is...Happier Q days are coming!
    C~W

• YB
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I spoke to soon,only 52 here today and 2 inches of rain,on the bright side it will be back in the 70's by friday,have a nice day.[p]Larry

• RhumAndJerk
    Options
    YB,
    We get to see 50 today, but after that we are back to reality and maybe snow this weekend.
    They came and fertilized my yard the other day. All I need is to have a good thunderstorm and a week of 50 and we will mowing the lawn.[p]Happy Vernal Equinox,
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    YB, wear your long pants on the course..:-) Rapid snow melt here..now floods..JJ says he has heavy rain and snow flakes this a.m. You guys down south deserve a break from paradise once in a while..aaaaarggh..!! :-)
    C~W[p]

• YB
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    I even had to cut the heater on in my car this morning,the rain is coming down,we really need it,our lake is way down.[p]Larry

• YB
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    I look forward to hot days at the lake,with Kaye,Jenny and Mini.[p]Larry