Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

RIP Lee Iahcocka

May he rest in piece.

Comments

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,432
    Father of the Mustang (of which I owned a '71).
    Read his first autobiography, and he described how he and everyone else stepped to the back of the room, eyes down, when Henry Ford III started firing everyone, right and left.  Yet, when HE got fired, he was furious that no one left would stand up for him.  Left kind of a bad taste in my mouth.  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Hopefully the mustang will die off with him ...
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• Botch
    ^^^ BANNINATE HIM!  :tongue:

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• Say what you want about Iacocca (this is the correct spelling), the man took Chrysler from the crapper and brought them back from the dead.  Not only did this save Chrysler, but a ton of ancillary jobs like suppliers, tradesmen...  My Dad was an engineer at GM, but we had good friends who worked at Chrysler.

Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Say what you want about Iacocca (this is the correct spelling), the man took Chrysler from the crapper and brought them back from the dead. 
    And, he paid back the guv'mint bailout ahead of schedule.  Still waiting for Wall Street to do the same...

• I don think he’s gonna care I spelled his name wrong jeez.  The guy is six feet under.  That’s how this hole RIP thing works ya dingus.
  • I don think he’s gonna care I spelled his name wrong jeez.  The guy is six feet under.  That’s how this hole RIP thing works ya dingus.
    I would agree with you if he was some goofball jackwagon.  How about a little respect?
    Flint, Michigan
  • TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Image result for ford pinto
    Iacocca was also responsible for this
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Say what you want about Iacocca (this is the correct spelling), the man took Chrysler from the crapper and brought them back from the dead.  Not only did this save Chrysler, but a ton of ancillary jobs like suppliers, tradesmen...  My Dad was an engineer at GM, but we had good friends who worked at Chrysler.

^^^^^^this.....i can say I penned a letter to him back then after watching his speech and got a letter back  ....yes it was not written by him , but....i bought a jeep that year 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,125
    Lee developed the minivan which is the precursor to the SUV. Without his product designs, who knows what we’d be driving today. 
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    Lee developed the minivan which is the precursor to the SUV. Without his product designs, who knows what we’d be driving today. 
    International Scouts.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Botch
    TN_Egger said:
    To be fair, during the gas shortages of the '70s, that's what the market wanted.   ;)

• GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    I don think he’s gonna care I spelled his name wrong jeez.  The guy is six feet under.  That’s how this hole RIP thing works ya dingus.
    I would agree with you if he was some goofball jackwagon.  How about a little respect?
    Telling a troll account to be respectful......

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • Botch said:
    TN_Egger said:
    To be fair, during the gas shortages of the '70s, that's what the market wanted.   ;)

This is true.  The gas shortage sucked.  I got by using my feet.

Flint, Michigan
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    YukonRon said:
    International Scouts.
    Anything less is just a car!  (Anyone else remember that jingle?  Now it'll be in my head all day!)
    It's a 302 thing . . .
    I am no a troll but Fred is also not the sharpest tool in the shed.
  • I’m glad you’re “no a troll”.  Your frequent misspellings are brilliant.
    Flint, Michigan
  • I’m glad you’re “no a troll”.  Your frequent misspellings are brilliant.
    Thanks Fredo!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    edited July 2019
    I don think he’s gonna care I spelled his name wrong jeez.  The guy is six feet under.  That’s how this hole RIP thing works ya dingus.
    @FlyOverCountry your an azzhole! A little respect d!ck head. My father was an engineer for Chrysler, Iacocca helped keep food on our table. You are a troll, F off.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Ideally something that suburban woman could fit in one parking spot.  

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• JRWhitee said:
    @FlyOverCountry your an azzhole! A little respect d!ck head. My father was an engineer for Chrysler, Iacocca helped keep food on our table. You are a troll, F off.

I am not a troll!  Go F yourself.  Where did your daddy work?  On his knees under Iahcocka’s desk?  Was his name Suckacocka?
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,869

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • WesJohnson
    WesJohnson Posts: 130
    edited July 2019
    JRWhitee said:

Iacocca is directly responsible for killing my Uncle Roy after his Pinto exploded killing him and his child (my cousin Ricky) and their pet dog Skip. He knew the Pintos would catch fire but chose not to do anything about it after weighing the cost/benefit analysis. So you got to eat, I got to go 2 funerals.  Lee Iacoccoa was a piece of sh*t garbage human being that put profits over lives. May worms eat his butt hole for all eternity and he derive no pleasure from it. 
    I used to be able to name every nut that there was. 
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,708
    Great, now he's logged into both accounts  =)
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • rifrench
    rifrench Posts: 469
    We might still have station wagons!  Crickets were bad enough, and then came Reliants and Aries K cars. I worked in the shop or service/parts desk in three Chrysler dealerships and saw quality go way down. 

Chrysler should have been allowed to die a natural death.
     1 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 1 KBQ and a 26" Blackstone near Blackstone, Virginia
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    I can’t multi task can you all save this for Friday?
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,597
    @DoubleEgger blazer,bronco,Cherokee...
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    JRWhitee said:

Iacocca is directly responsible for killing my Uncle Roy after his Pinto exploded killing him and his child (my cousin Ricky) and their pet dog Skip. He knew the Pintos would catch fire but chose not to do anything about it after weighing the cost/benefit analysis. So you got to eat, I got to go 2 funerals.  Lee Iacoccoa was a piece of sh*t garbage human being that put profits over lives. May worms eat his butt hole for all eternity. 
    I am really sorry Wes...sorry you werent in the back seat with cousin Ricky. Let me guess Flyoverdick is your troll cousin.

Johns Creek, Georgia

• I am sorry for your recent troubles JIC but on the other hand I am glad that justice has been served: