Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2019 Rub & Sauce Exchange - Show Off Thread

124»

Comments

• I’ve been worried to death you didnt get it. I had it fixed and ready to go out two weeks ago but the box got put in the garage, one of the labs escaped from his kennel in the garage and he got ahold to most of the box. Pretty damn devastating. Had to start over. Lol

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wideopeneats.com/mayhaw-fruit/amp/
    Sorry for the hijack, but this reminds me of a fax I once saw at work:

”Sarah, your dog got into your box of wine again. It’s everywhere. Dog was sick. I think we’ll need to buy a new area rug.”
  • mlc2013
    mlc2013 Posts: 988
    everything looks great so far SORRY I MISSED IT this year but im in next year for sure
    Long Island NY    
    1 XL BGE 12/17, 1 LG BGE 3/18, 1 MM BGE 3/18
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    I just hoping UPS didn't mess up the packing , I know my draw received a couple weeks ago ....hope UPS didn't keep stuff for themselves 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • nolenut19
    nolenut19 Posts: 76
    So apologies to my gift give . I flew out to a remote location hours before package arriva . Needless to say my 2 year old opened the box before my return and the note is gone. However I love green chilies so I was super stoked once I opened it. 
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    nolenut19 said:
    So apologies to my gift give . I flew out to a remote location hours before package arriva . Needless to say my 2 year old opened the box before my return and the note is gone. However I love green chilies so I was super stoked once I opened it. 
    Nice haul! I would guess from someone in the Southwest going by the chilies.
  • jwc6160
    jwc6160 Posts: 218
    Damn, totally forgot about this. Was so much fun last year. Need to set a reminder in my calendar to come back and check. 
  • Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    nolenut19 said:
    It was me, had me worried a bit it didn’t show up. Glad it made it! The note was hand written, but not very long. Basically just said stuff about chiles being in everything here and I went back to the basics and included some traditional NM spices. Enjoy!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• I love those albukirky seasonings. Nice gift. 

Little Rock, AR

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,706
    I feel I've disappointed my parents all over again 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • milesvdustin
    milesvdustin Posts: 2,882
    I just bought 2 pounds of shrimp to use on the bbq shrimp rub that @nolenut19 sent me. 

We got the grandparents to keep the kid tomorrow so we can eat shrimp and drink a little just like our honeymoon. Should be awesome!!!!!

2 LBGE, Blackstone 36, Jumbo Joe

Egging in Southern Illinois (Marion)

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,286
    YukonRon said:
    Some people just know how to live right, and then there are people like me which benefit from their good graces.

Everything I love was in a box on my front porch when I got home today.

@Space_City_Egger thank you for the all of the spices rubs and sauces, which always has been a favorite of mine.

Check out this pile of deliciousness:

I think I won.
    That John Henry Sugar Maple rub is killer, I got some in last years exchange.
  • milesvdustin
    I'll fight you for that spicy ketchup

• YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    I'll fight you for that spicy ketchup
    Bring weapons. You will lose.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • YukonRon
    YukonRon Posts: 16,984
    YukonRon said:
    Some people just know how to live right, and then there are people like me which benefit from their good graces.

Everything I love was in a box on my front porch when I got home today.

@Space_City_Egger thank you for the all of the spices rubs and sauces, which always has been a favorite of mine.

Check out this pile of deliciousness:

I think I won.
    That John Henry Sugar Maple rub is killer, I got some in last years exchange.
    I have to say, I have a salmon cook coming up that I am going to try this with. I use a maple mustard glaze on it to begin with the use sugar maple to smoke it with....this will be killer on that....as well as so many other dishes I will try.
    "Knowledge is Good" - Emil Faber

XL and MM
    Louisville, Kentucky
  • Bowne1
    Bowne1 Posts: 20
    Many thanks to Dldawes1 for the great package
    Large, Med and a Yoder YS480 . 1 Beautiful Wife, 2 Dogs and always looking for a MM 
  • milesvdustin
    Mmmm strawberry jam 

• Greedygoat
    Greedygoat Posts: 134
    A big thank you to my elf “David” for the goodies from MA, especially the Maple Syrup. I have relatives in NH who bring me fresh Maple Syrup every Spring, but the stuff you sent is on another level. Thanks again!

XL and a Mini-Max.
    Boca Raton, FL