Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pinging Sandbagger. Or anyone with 3 teir rack for indirect cooking.

Options
Car Wash Mike
Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How are you getting along with that 3 teir rack for ribs? I saw one at my dealer today, but you had to take out the orginal firering and put in a smaller one.[p]Mike

Comments

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 49
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, We bought one at this years eggtoberfest along with the 2 inch fire ring. Have not tried ribs on it yet but I'll tell you that a mess of chicken will fit on there. Indirect, platesetter legs up, drip pan, 375 dome, 1 hour. I would do ribs the same way except reduce dome to 275-300 and cook till 195-200 internal. The only bummer on the rack is it does not fit into the dishwasher. So off to the car wash you go. Or in your case, is it back to work?? Steve.

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Apple,
    I'm assuming, which is never good. The top 2 levels were done before the bottom rack.
    Yep, back to work. [p]I'm in no hurry, if you cook ribs let me know. I'm catering to my 8th grade nephews football team for the Super Bowl. So far, ribs, mushrooms and chicken wings.
    Could come in handy by then.
    Thanks,[p]Mike

• Sandbagger
    Options
    126_2642.jpg
    <p />Car Wash Mike, you talking about this set-up. If so, I'm waiting on more brackets from eggor. Hopefully, he is cutting them today or tomorrow. The rig cooks 6 full racks bbacks flat: 3 levels with two bback racks per level. The spacing is approx. three inches between grids.[p]When the brackets arrive, I want to try another design change: remove the horizontal rod that connects the two front brackets. Hopefully, since the middle grid slides out, this will improve the access to the lowest grid.[p]127_2766.jpg[p]Hang loose, as the way I'm betting, I'll be paying off on our football bet. Do you take stainless as payment? LOL[p]
    Tom

• Car Wash Mike
    Options
    Sandbagger,
    That would be the setup. Thanks. If and a big if, I win anything, that would be so SWEET.[p]Mike

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,
    I did spares on mine and found that all three levels cooked the same, which surprised me. I had two racks of St. Louis style spares on each level, used the Guru, and a dome of 250. -RP

• Apple
    Apple Posts: 49
    Options
    Car Wash Mike, Sorry about the late reply - just got home from work. Yes, the top rack cooked faster than the middle and bottom rack - heck, the verticle distance between the three levels is huge. So we had to switch some meat around to get even cooking but since we sprayed the racks prior to cooking it wasn't any big deal to move food around. It's interesting that AZRP had consistent cooking ribs on the rack using the guru. I have resisted mechanical support on my BGE so far.........maybe time to re-think that situation. Need to cook ribs soon. Ummmm....ribs. Steve.